Career Questions tagged Development

Sabrina D.’s Avatar
Sabrina D. Oct 31, 2018

I want to work in Economic Development as a career what should I do when I enter college to prepare me for a career after I graduate?

I am going to be a freshman in College startinf fall 2019.I am going to major in economics and/or Business Administration. #economics #businessmajor #development...

#collegefreshman

Abby S.’s Avatar
Abby S. Jun 27, 2018

I want to be a developmental child psychologist

what majors should i take in college . #psychology #development #psychologist #children...

#kids

Joseph B.’s Avatar
Joseph B. Jan 19, 2018

What is the most rewarding part of being a structural engineer?

This is my major and I'll be graduating soon. One of the reasons I originally chose this was because I always liked math and physics, but I wanted to make sure I could use those skills to help people, but lately I've seen this field as more of putting up high rises and luxury condos for people...

#civil-engineering #structural-engineering #development

Thompson B.’s Avatar
Thompson B. Feb 24, 2017

Is proficiency in Java enough to get you placed in good company?

I'm a graduate student(MS Computer Science) and I'm gonna be graduating in a year and a half and I wanted to know if there is any skill that I must have besides Java. I would like to know what are the other programming languages/skills that any employer can expect from a potential employee with...

#java #job-application #personal-development #android #software #software-development #development #career-details #career #computer-software

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017

What skills do I need to develop to become a good teacher?

I am in the concurrent Education program at York University. #teacher #school #skills #personal-development...

#development

Chase M.’s Avatar
Chase M. Jan 11, 2017

How do I practice programming and making games?

Currently, all I know is a little bit of GameMaker's built in coding language, and I have a budget of 0 dollars. I've made 1 game with the help of a YouTube tutorial (an asteroids clone) and have multiple unfinished projects. I want to know the answer to these questions: What programming...

#video-games #programming #video-game-design #computer-games #game-design #development #games #business-development

Ryan J.’s Avatar
Ryan J. Nov 01, 2016

As a computer scientist/programmer, is there anything you would change about the environment of your job?

Do you find the place you work at stressful or comforting? Any windows? Lots of room or are you in a cubicle? I would like to have an understanding of how the working atmosphere will likely be within the computer science field. #computer-science #computer-software #computer...

#program-development #computer-programming #software-development #web-development #development

Nidhi R.’s Avatar
Nidhi R. Oct 17, 2016

Job proffession in IT field

I am intrested in C Language what will be best profession for me.I am thinking for web development and software development too.i am so confused in which i should move forward kindly help. #software #development...

#web

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 11, 2016

What is the best way to determine which area of psychology you would do best in?

I know that I want to major in Psychology, but I am unsure of how to determine which area that I like best or would be the best at. #psychology #careers #development...

#child

Christina A.’s Avatar
Christina A. Jul 07, 2016

What are the most important traits or skills to develop before starting a career?

I am currently in college. I would like learn and develop important skills and traits that would make me stand out in any field. What do you think are the most important skills to master? #college #career #development #interviewing-skills...

#communication-skills

Logan  J.’s Avatar
Logan J. May 25, 2016

What courses should I be looking to take to become a computer programmer / software delevoper?

I want to go to college to learn about something within computer programming. #computer #software #programming #development...

#java-development

Minh V.’s Avatar
Minh V. May 18, 2016

Is it possible for students adapt to new career paths that are unrelated to their major? And if so, what steps should they take?

A lot of times, people end up having a new passion that is unrelated to their degree. I have seen many professionals gain high profile jobs even though they had a degree that was unrelated to their career. I was curious to see how a student could gain experience in a different field and dive...

#recruiting #majors #consulting #development #business #graduate

Esmeralda R.’s Avatar
Esmeralda R. May 09, 2016

What kind of jobs could you get with a associates degree in child development?

I plan on getting an associates degree in child development and would just like to know. #development...

#child

Ellen R.’s Avatar
Ellen R. May 08, 2016

What are job options for those who have product development and product design degrees?

My current college major is product development and it is a topic that interests me very much. I am wondering what careers are possible for me #career #development...

#product

Paul W.’s Avatar
Paul W. May 04, 2016

How should a student app developer get his first work?

Hi! My name is Paul and I'm a 16 year-old who is currently learning Android app development. I was looking at job postings in that field for future reference and I noticed that most employers want the developer to have at least two years of experience. My question is: how can I get two years...

#apps #development #android #it #software #programming

Sheetal P.’s Avatar
Sheetal P. Apr 14, 2016

What are the future career oppertunities of a social worker in India?

I have studied my Masters in Social work .. I just want to know the career trends in India for a social worker #educator...

#development

Yash B.’s Avatar
Yash B. Jul 27, 2014

I want to join computer industry as a programmer . Is it necessary for me to have skills for more than one programming language to be a successful professional ?

by skills I mean the the complete in and out of the language . Because currently I am learning complete C(including the hardware interaction part) and I feel like if other languages are going to be this deep than it would take me my whole life to learn them . #computer #software #programming...

#programmer #development

Yash B.’s Avatar
Yash B. Jul 10, 2014

Of what importance is the university of a student if he wants to get a good job ??

I also want to know that if I can change my career after completing my engineering , I mean like if I get degree in EC can I get a job related to CS or IT ?? #engineering #career #jobs #salary...

#development

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Jan 04, 2012

What is the career path to a successful career in international development?

I'm interested in working internationally and also on development issues. I'm wondering how to get into this field and how be successful. #international #development...

#international-development