Career Questions tagged Game Development

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. May 03 35 views

Is it really worth getting into any type of field that involves gaming in any way?

I have heard a lot of mixed feelings about the careers that involve gaming as a whole. All the way from Game Designer to Game tester. I have been told it strips the enjoyment of gaming away once you are required to do make your hobby into a job with gaming specifically . Is there some way to...

Wyatt P.’s Avatar
Wyatt P. Apr 27 95 views

A few questions about getting started as a Video Game Developer

I'm a freshman in high school and have some basic knowledge of HTML and JavaScript languages. 1. What tools/coding languages do you recommend starting out as a game designer? 2. What is the hardest kind of challenge you have faced during development? 3. What is the best genre of game to start...

Hope G.’s Avatar
Hope G. Apr 26 76 views

When working on game do you have to speak with a lot of people?

when you make a game do you have to speak with a lot of people during the work in progress?

Hope G.’s Avatar
Hope G. Apr 26 43 views

Is it a struggle when putting a game on market?

After coding and making a game when you put it on market is it hard to get people to play the game if so how do you deal with it?

Scout S.’s Avatar
Scout S. Sep 16, 2021 129 views
Saeed J.’s Avatar
Saeed J. Sep 14, 2021 238 views

What is it like to work as a game programmer

I am 11th grader in SF and I loved gaming ever since I was little I was always fascinated by how games worked and when I was old enough I got my own laptop with good enough specs to look at some heavy steam game in which I look at how they were designed and I look at their game in a way as if I...

Christian A.’s Avatar
Christian A. Jun 26, 2021 167 views

Future Goals

I would like to build my own gaming system or create my own game #game-development #video-games #video-game-design

Javin P.’s Avatar
Javin P. May 28, 2021 127 views

My career is Nfl and heres my goal statement

in the joy of the game by delivering the world's most exciting sports and entertainment experience. “ to unite communities and inspire them through exciting sports entertainment delivered through the game. #game-development

Sam C.’s Avatar
Sam C. Feb 01, 2021 431 views

What kind of classes do I take to become a video game designer??

#video-games #video-game-design #video-game-production

I want to do more than just find a job that has to with retail #game-development

Malikia H.’s Avatar
Malikia H. Nov 05, 2020 452 views

What is it like to be a Game designer?

I like to play games, and try out new games that are coming out. Also my dream job is to develop games for teens. Cause I do know that teens like to play games so I want to develop a game the people would like. Like these are some of the jobs I want. #Technology, #Game-development, #Gaming-industry

Logan W.’s Avatar
Logan W. Sep 20, 2019 402 views

How would one get in contact with professionals in the Video Game Industry?

I'm looking to get Information from people with history and experience in the Video Game Industry, I have experience in with the industry and would like some alternate viewpoints. My questions are as follows: How long have you all been in industry? What should I include in my portfolio? how...

Devin H.’s Avatar
Devin H. Sep 06, 2019 270 views

Is there enough space in the gaming industry?

I am currently working on developing my knowledge on game design so that I can help develop the games that I enjoyed as a kid, and I have always wondered if there were always positions available in the industry. #video-games #gaming #game-development #game-design

Annalise W.’s Avatar
Annalise W. Apr 17, 2019 405 views
daryan M.’s Avatar
daryan M. Feb 06, 2019 324 views
Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Apr 23, 2018 461 views

What degree is best for working as a game programmer?

I am currently studying to get a degree in Interactive Media and Game Design, but would it arguably be better just to get a degree in computer science?

#game-programming #game-development

Bryan M.’s Avatar
Bryan M. Apr 04, 2018 738 views

What is the day to day like being a software developer?

Depending on where you work, what are your hours like and what do you do.

#computer-software #softwaredeveloper #technology #game-development

jessie P.’s Avatar
jessie P. Jan 23, 2018 482 views

what school do you need to go to know what game designer

I would like to know which one is a good school to go to #game-development