Career Questions tagged Game Development

Logan W.’s Avatar
Logan W. Sep 20 57 views

How would one get in contact with professionals in the Video Game Industry?

I'm looking to get Information from people with history and experience in the Video Game Industry, I have experience in with the industry and would like some alternate viewpoints. My questions are as follows: How long have you all been in industry? What should I include in my portfolio? how...

#gaming #video-games #technology #game-development

Devin H.’s Avatar
Devin H. Sep 06 35 views

Is there enough space in the gaming industry?

I am currently working on developing my knowledge on game design so that I can help develop the games that I enjoyed as a kid, and I have always wondered if there were always positions available in the industry. #video-games #gaming #game-development...

#game-design

Annalise W.’s Avatar
Annalise W. Apr 17 110 views
Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Apr 23, 2018 251 views

What degree is best for working as a game programmer?

I am currently studying to get a degree in Interactive Media and Game Design, but would it arguably be better just to get a degree in computer science? #game-programming...

#game-development

Jamarias H.’s Avatar
Jamarias H. Apr 05, 2018 226 views
Bryan M.’s Avatar
Bryan M. Apr 04, 2018 336 views
jessie P.’s Avatar
jessie P. Jan 23, 2018 199 views

what school do you need to go to know what game designer

I would like to know which one is a good school to go to...

#game-development

Jada Rogue S.’s Avatar
Jada Rogue S. Jan 22, 2018 178 views

Can I really be a game tester at the age of 17?

I want to be able to get a job, I need experience, game development could be a career choice for me. #game-development #beta-testing #gaming...

#game-industry

s L.’s Avatar
s L. Jan 18, 2018 289 views

A few questions for a videogame programmer...

What is your current profession? What did you want to be when you were in high school? What kind of student were you? What tips would you give to a high school student hoping to go into game programming? What did you major in, and at what college? What is something unexpected that you found out...

#computer-software #video-games #game-design #game-development #computer-games #video-game-design

Robert O.’s Avatar
Robert O. Nov 18, 2017 376 views
Leah B.’s Avatar
Leah B. Nov 14, 2017 425 views

What Do You Need To Design A Video Game?

I need to find out what materials I need to be a video game designer. My tech teacher at school wants us to think about what we could do right now to earn money. This is important to me because I think I have the materials but I'm not sure about it. #techstuff #newcareer #video-games...

#computer-games #game-development

nicolas W.’s Avatar
nicolas W. Feb 09, 2017 529 views

If I want to be a game designer what skills do I need?

i am asking this question because i am interested in this job #to #game #video-games #game-development #game-design...

#video-game-design

Noah M.’s Avatar
Noah M. Sep 28, 2017 338 views

How would you go about gaining video game design education in Missouri?

Every college I look at, online or campus-based, seems to have different terms and classes for this kind of subject. Some have a straight-up "degree of game design" while others seem to put it in an umbrella under things like "electronic arts" or "computer sciences". It's all a bit confusing to...

#video-games #computer-games #video-game-design #game-development

Tyia B.’s Avatar
Tyia B. Sep 28, 2017 310 views

Will I be able to find a position in Game Designing on the East Coast?

#game-development is the field I want to study but I'm not sure if I want to live on the West Coast where companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple are...

De'Jon S.’s Avatar
De'Jon S. Aug 31, 2017 343 views

What was a major class for you in high school during your senior year for becoming a graphic designer?

I want to know what classes are the most important in becoming a graphic designer while I'm in my senior year in high school so i could improve my skills that i need in becoming a graphic designer and be able to be ready for college and my career job.#video-games #game-design...

#game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 11, 2016 868 views

Does a QA tester position open any future career opportunities?

I've seen QA tester job listings at many different game developers and I've always wanted to be a part of the gaming industry. But a lot of these job listings are only temporary employment and I'm afraid the sacrifice that accompanies these positions might outweigh the reward. Does having a QA...

#personal-development #video-games #career-details #game-development #video-game-production #gaming-industry #video-game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 19, 2016 613 views

What kind of salary can I expect as a game developer?

More specifically the salary rate if I'm employed by a large, well-known AAA developer. #salary #game-development #video-game-development #gaming-industry #game-industry...

#financial-planning

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. May 18, 2017 804 views

Game Company Internships for High School Students?

I've been looking into it for a few days now, but most companies in my state say that to apply for an internship requires me to be in collage. I've been having trouble as it has for the matter, and I would like to have a first hand experience to either work along side other people in the field...

#graphic-design #game-design #career-details #game-development #computer-games

Tushar G.’s Avatar
Tushar G. Jun 25, 2017 578 views

Which college is preferred for an undergraduate student for computer science courses ?

Respected @lionel Silberman @ollie Jones and @matt Manuel sir , I am a student from India I am sure that after my high school I will be studying in any country other than india so I was a bit confused about which country and which college would be best for me as I am a 85-95 % scorer and...

#computer-software #engineering #software-development #game-development #software-engineering

Javonte S.’s Avatar
Javonte S. May 24, 2016 380 views

What gaming device do you play on the most?

I'm interested in learning what game developers enjoy playing the most (Playstation, Xbox, etc.) [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #college #career #technology #video-games #computer-games...

#game-development

IAmGrootNotDuck G.’s Avatar
IAmGrootNotDuck G. May 01, 2017 732 views

How do i find my career?

I am interested in a lot of things i really like art and games and making things. I also love sports, my favorite being basketball, but it is hard to look to a career, so I would love any feedback for my career #graphic-design #basketball...

#game-development

Cameron V.’s Avatar
Cameron V. Apr 05, 2017 479 views

How can i be a game designer?

I wanna design some games like HD Remaster of games i love (that is if a certain game i wanna remaster is not already remastered), maybe even design my own mobile games, can i start there? #video-games #japan #game-design #game-development...

#mobile-games

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 23, 2017 370 views

To be a professional game designer or gamer what is the best college to go to?

I want to be a professional game designer or gamer and wanted to know what would be the best college to go to? #game-development #ed...

#magnin

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 22, 2017 487 views

What would be the best college to go to if you want to design games and play games

I want to design games and play games and I want to know what would the best college to go to. #video-games #youtube #game-development...

#gamers

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 22, 2017 532 views

What subject's are best for Game Designing or Engineering?

I want to be a Game Designer and Game player and I need to know what is involved in Game Designing #game-development...

#gamers