Career Questions tagged Game Development

Saeed J.’s Avatar
Saeed J. Sep 14 109 views

What is it like to work as a game programmer

I am 11th grader in SF and I loved gaming ever since I was little I was always fascinated by how games worked and when I was old enough I got my own laptop with good enough specs to look at some heavy steam game in which I look at how they were designed and I look at their game in a way as if I...

video-game-design game-development game-design video-games gaming

Christian A.’s Avatar
Christian A. Jun 26 109 views

Future Goals

I would like to build my own gaming system or create my own game game-development video-games...

video-game-design

Javin P.’s Avatar
Javin P. May 28 76 views

My career is Nfl and heres my goal statement

in the joy of the game by delivering the world's most exciting sports and entertainment experience. “ to unite communities and inspire them through exciting sports entertainment delivered through the game....

game-development

Sam C.’s Avatar
Sam C. Feb 01 331 views
Malikia H.’s Avatar
Malikia H. Nov 05, 2020 331 views

What is it like to be a Game designer?

I like to play games, and try out new games that are coming out. Also my dream job is to develop games for teens. Cause I do know that teens like to play games so I want to develop a game the people would like. Like these are some of the jobs I want. Technology, Game-development,...

gaming-industry

Logan W.’s Avatar
Logan W. Sep 20, 2019 343 views

How would one get in contact with professionals in the Video Game Industry?

I'm looking to get Information from people with history and experience in the Video Game Industry, I have experience in with the industry and would like some alternate viewpoints. My questions are as follows: How long have you all been in industry? What should I include in my portfolio? how...

video-games technology game-development gaming

Devin H.’s Avatar
Devin H. Sep 06, 2019 218 views

Is there enough space in the gaming industry?

I am currently working on developing my knowledge on game design so that I can help develop the games that I enjoyed as a kid, and I have always wondered if there were always positions available in the industry. video-games gaming game-development...

game-design

Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Apr 23, 2018 402 views

What degree is best for working as a game programmer?

I am currently studying to get a degree in Interactive Media and Game Design, but would it arguably be better just to get a degree in computer science? game-programming...

game-development

jessie P.’s Avatar
jessie P. Jan 23, 2018 426 views

what school do you need to go to know what game designer

I would like to know which one is a good school to go to...

game-development

s L.’s Avatar
s L. Jan 18, 2018 466 views

A few questions for a videogame programmer...

What is your current profession? What did you want to be when you were in high school? What kind of student were you? What tips would you give to a high school student hoping to go into game programming? What did you major in, and at what college? What is something unexpected that you found out...

video-game-design computer-software game-development game-design video-games computer-games

Leah B.’s Avatar
Leah B. Nov 14, 2017 633 views

What Do You Need To Design A Video Game?

I need to find out what materials I need to be a video game designer. My tech teacher at school wants us to think about what we could do right now to earn money. This is important to me because I think I have the materials but I'm not sure about it. techstuff newcareer video-games...

game-development computer-games

nicolas W.’s Avatar
nicolas W. Feb 09, 2017 744 views
Noah M.’s Avatar
Noah M. Sep 28, 2017 501 views

How would you go about gaining video game design education in Missouri?

Every college I look at, online or campus-based, seems to have different terms and classes for this kind of subject. Some have a straight-up "degree of game design" while others seem to put it in an umbrella under things like "electronic arts" or "computer sciences". It's all a bit confusing to...

video-games video-game-design game-development computer-games

Tyia B.’s Avatar
Tyia B. Sep 28, 2017 468 views

Will I be able to find a position in Game Designing on the East Coast?

game-development is the field I want to study but I'm not sure if I want to live on the West Coast where companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple are...

De'Jon S.’s Avatar
De'Jon S. Aug 31, 2017 490 views

What was a major class for you in high school during your senior year for becoming a graphic designer?

I want to know what classes are the most important in becoming a graphic designer while I'm in my senior year in high school so i could improve my skills that i need in becoming a graphic designer and be able to be ready for college and my career job.video-games game-design...

game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 11, 2016 1311 views

Does a QA tester position open any future career opportunities?

I've seen QA tester job listings at many different game developers and I've always wanted to be a part of the gaming industry. But a lot of these job listings are only temporary employment and I'm afraid the sacrifice that accompanies these positions might outweigh the reward. Does having a QA...

gaming-industry personal-development video-game-development game-development video-game-production video-games career-details

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 19, 2016 830 views

What kind of salary can I expect as a game developer?

More specifically the salary rate if I'm employed by a large, well-known AAA developer. salary game-development video-game-development gaming-industry game-industry...

financial-planning

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. May 18, 2017 2811 views

Game Company Internships for High School Students?

I've been looking into it for a few days now, but most companies in my state say that to apply for an internship requires me to be in collage. I've been having trouble as it has for the matter, and I would like to have a first hand experience to either work along side other people in the field...

graphic-design game-development game-design career-details computer-games