Career Questions tagged Game Development

Christian A.’s Avatar
Christian A. Christian A. Jun 26 46 views

Future Goals

I would like to build my own gaming system or create my own game #game-development #video-games...

#video-game-design

Javin P.’s Avatar
Javin P. Javin P. May 28 34 views

My career is Nfl and heres my goal statement

in the joy of the game by delivering the world's most exciting sports and entertainment experience. “ to unite communities and inspire them through exciting sports entertainment delivered through the game....

#game-development

Sam C.’s Avatar
Sam C. Sam C. Feb 01 265 views
Malikia H.’s Avatar
Malikia H. Malikia H. Nov 05, 2020 225 views

What is it like to be a Game designer?

I like to play games, and try out new games that are coming out. Also my dream job is to develop games for teens. Cause I do know that teens like to play games so I want to develop a game the people would like. Like these are some of the jobs I want. #technology, #game-development,...

#gaming-industry

Logan W.’s Avatar
Logan W. Logan W. Sep 20, 2019 269 views

How would one get in contact with professionals in the Video Game Industry?

I'm looking to get Information from people with history and experience in the Video Game Industry, I have experience in with the industry and would like some alternate viewpoints. My questions are as follows: How long have you all been in industry? What should I include in my portfolio? how...

#game-development #video-games #technology #gaming

Devin H.’s Avatar
Devin H. Devin H. Sep 06, 2019 176 views

Is there enough space in the gaming industry?

I am currently working on developing my knowledge on game design so that I can help develop the games that I enjoyed as a kid, and I have always wondered if there were always positions available in the industry. #video-games #gaming #game-development...

#game-design

Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Tyler S. Apr 23, 2018 367 views

What degree is best for working as a game programmer?

I am currently studying to get a degree in Interactive Media and Game Design, but would it arguably be better just to get a degree in computer science? #game-programming...

#game-development

Jamarias H.’s Avatar
Jamarias H. Jamarias H. Apr 05, 2018 384 views
Bryan M.’s Avatar
Bryan M. Bryan M. Apr 04, 2018 614 views
jessie P.’s Avatar
jessie P. jessie P. Jan 23, 2018 382 views

what school do you need to go to know what game designer

I would like to know which one is a good school to go to...

#game-development

s L.’s Avatar
s L. s L. Jan 18, 2018 425 views

A few questions for a videogame programmer...

What is your current profession? What did you want to be when you were in high school? What kind of student were you? What tips would you give to a high school student hoping to go into game programming? What did you major in, and at what college? What is something unexpected that you found out...

#game-development #video-game-design #video-games #computer-software #computer-games #game-design

Leah B.’s Avatar
Leah B. Leah B. Nov 14, 2017 600 views

What Do You Need To Design A Video Game?

I need to find out what materials I need to be a video game designer. My tech teacher at school wants us to think about what we could do right now to earn money. This is important to me because I think I have the materials but I'm not sure about it. #techstuff #newcareer #video-games...

#game-development #computer-games

nicolas W.’s Avatar
nicolas W. nicolas W. Feb 09, 2017 705 views
Noah M.’s Avatar
Noah M. Noah M. Sep 28, 2017 469 views

How would you go about gaining video game design education in Missouri?

Every college I look at, online or campus-based, seems to have different terms and classes for this kind of subject. Some have a straight-up "degree of game design" while others seem to put it in an umbrella under things like "electronic arts" or "computer sciences". It's all a bit confusing to...

#game-development #video-games #video-game-design #computer-games

Tyia B.’s Avatar
Tyia B. Tyia B. Sep 28, 2017 428 views

Will I be able to find a position in Game Designing on the East Coast?

#game-development is the field I want to study but I'm not sure if I want to live on the West Coast where companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple are...

De'Jon S.’s Avatar
De'Jon S. De'Jon S. Aug 31, 2017 462 views

What was a major class for you in high school during your senior year for becoming a graphic designer?

I want to know what classes are the most important in becoming a graphic designer while I'm in my senior year in high school so i could improve my skills that i need in becoming a graphic designer and be able to be ready for college and my career job.#video-games #game-design...

#game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Calvin K. Jun 11, 2016 1249 views

Does a QA tester position open any future career opportunities?

I've seen QA tester job listings at many different game developers and I've always wanted to be a part of the gaming industry. But a lot of these job listings are only temporary employment and I'm afraid the sacrifice that accompanies these positions might outweigh the reward. Does having a QA...

#game-development #career-details #gaming-industry #personal-development #video-games #video-game-development #video-game-production

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Calvin K. May 19, 2016 783 views

What kind of salary can I expect as a game developer?

More specifically the salary rate if I'm employed by a large, well-known AAA developer. #salary #game-development #video-game-development #gaming-industry #game-industry...

#financial-planning

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Jordan B. May 18, 2017 2428 views

Game Company Internships for High School Students?

I've been looking into it for a few days now, but most companies in my state say that to apply for an internship requires me to be in collage. I've been having trouble as it has for the matter, and I would like to have a first hand experience to either work along side other people in the field...

#game-development #career-details #graphic-design #computer-games #game-design

Tushar G.’s Avatar
Tushar G. Tushar G. Jun 25, 2017 749 views

Which college is preferred for an undergraduate student for computer science courses ?

Respected @lionel Silberman @ollie Jones and @matt Manuel sir , I am a student from India I am sure that after my high school I will be studying in any country other than india so I was a bit confused about which country and which college would be best for me as I am a 85-95 % scorer and...

#game-development #engineering #software-development #computer-software #software-engineering

Javonte S.’s Avatar
Javonte S. Javonte S. May 24, 2016 556 views

What gaming device do you play on the most?

I'm interested in learning what game developers enjoy playing the most (Playstation, Xbox, etc.) [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #college #career #technology #video-games #computer-games...

#game-development

IAmGrootNotDuck G.’s Avatar
IAmGrootNotDuck G. IAmGrootNotDuck G. May 01, 2017 931 views

How do i find my career?

I am interested in a lot of things i really like art and games and making things. I also love sports, my favorite being basketball, but it is hard to look to a career, so I would love any feedback for my career #graphic-design #basketball...

#game-development