Career Questions tagged Game Development

nicolas W.’s Avatar
nicolas W. Feb 09, 2017 551 views

If I want to be a game designer what skills do I need?

i am asking this question because i am interested in this job #to #game #video-games #game-development #game-design...

#video-game-design

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 11, 2016 904 views

Does a QA tester position open any future career opportunities?

I've seen QA tester job listings at many different game developers and I've always wanted to be a part of the gaming industry. But a lot of these job listings are only temporary employment and I'm afraid the sacrifice that accompanies these positions might outweigh the reward. Does having a QA...

#game-development #video-games #career-details #video-game-production #personal-development #gaming-industry #video-game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 19, 2016 634 views

What kind of salary can I expect as a game developer?

More specifically the salary rate if I'm employed by a large, well-known AAA developer. #salary #game-development #video-game-development #gaming-industry #game-industry...

#financial-planning

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. May 18, 2017 930 views

Game Company Internships for High School Students?

I've been looking into it for a few days now, but most companies in my state say that to apply for an internship requires me to be in collage. I've been having trouble as it has for the matter, and I would like to have a first hand experience to either work along side other people in the field...

#game-development #career-details #game-design #computer-games #graphic-design

Javonte S.’s Avatar
Javonte S. May 24, 2016 392 views

What gaming device do you play on the most?

I'm interested in learning what game developers enjoy playing the most (Playstation, Xbox, etc.) [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #college #career #technology #video-games #computer-games...

#game-development

IAmGrootNotDuck G.’s Avatar
IAmGrootNotDuck G. May 01, 2017 765 views

How do i find my career?

I am interested in a lot of things i really like art and games and making things. I also love sports, my favorite being basketball, but it is hard to look to a career, so I would love any feedback for my career #graphic-design #basketball...

#game-development

Cameron V.’s Avatar
Cameron V. Apr 05, 2017 499 views

How can i be a game designer?

I wanna design some games like HD Remaster of games i love (that is if a certain game i wanna remaster is not already remastered), maybe even design my own mobile games, can i start there? #video-games #japan #game-design #game-development...

#mobile-games

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 23, 2017 378 views

To be a professional game designer or gamer what is the best college to go to?

I want to be a professional game designer or gamer and wanted to know what would be the best college to go to? #game-development #ed...

#magnin

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 22, 2017 502 views

What would be the best college to go to if you want to design games and play games

I want to design games and play games and I want to know what would the best college to go to. #video-games #youtube #game-development...

#gamers

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. Feb 22, 2017 572 views

What subject's are best for Game Designing or Engineering?

I want to be a Game Designer and Game player and I need to know what is involved in Game Designing #game-development...

#gamers

Patrick K.’s Avatar
Patrick K. Dec 29, 2016 612 views

What was your first job in the game development industry? Please share your experiences--the good, the bad, the ugly, all of it--with me.

Hello. I am an aspiring Game Designer/Developer who's attending college to get my Bachelor's Degree. I was just wondering to all the veterans and professionals in the Game Development world, what was your first job title working in the industry? Did you like it? Was it memorable? What game...

#game-development #video-games #video-game-design #challenges #successes #professional-development #computer-games #game-design

ABHINAV T.’s Avatar
ABHINAV T. Oct 22, 2016 666 views

Which programming language is the most preferred one by employers?

Because am currently finishing my masters and i'm trying to gain some expertise in any specific language that's better preferred by employers #programming #it #software-development #game-development...

#it-management

Wenge X.’s Avatar
Wenge X. Aug 13, 2016 552 views

What is game tester?

What is the role of game tester? #video-games #computer-games #game-development...

#game-tester

Wenge X.’s Avatar
Wenge X. Jul 26, 2016 496 views

Am I qualified in game industry?

I just finished 2.1 in subject Computer Science (Game Tech) at NTU , but I always confuses that am I really qualified in game industry. Can I handle well with the jobs? Projects? Well three years in studying game tech is good for me, I gain lots knowledge, but their current workers must have...

#game-development #video-games #game #worker

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 17, 2016 679 views

Can I get into the gaming industry as solely a writer?

I've always been more interested in writing than dealing with technology, so I'm wondering if it's possible to have no knowledge/education in programming yet still be involved as a writer on a video game, or if some knowledge of programming and technology is preferred/expected? #video-games...

#game-development #writer #gaming-industry #gaming #video-game-development

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 17, 2016 681 views

What should I expect to run into when going into a degree for game development?

I've always been fascinated with gaming's ability to create worlds for everyone to enjoy, but I know that developing games is anything but a cakewalk. What subjects and technologies should I expect to run into for a game development degree? #video-games #game-development #video-game-development...

#developer #video-game-production #game-developer

Victoria B.’s Avatar
Victoria B. Oct 26, 2015 619 views

What skills do I need to become a Game Developer?

Im in love with games, and recently asked a question about the same topic, now im wondering if i need any particularly skills (Such as Artistic,Fast typer, ETC) to help me achieve my goal. Thank you for reading this! #skills...

#game-development

Shubham B.’s Avatar
Shubham B. Jan 24, 2015 1803 views

I want to work in EA Games as a game developer engineer so what should I do next

I am a student of computer science and engineering(bachelor's degree ), computer is my passion and gaming is my hobby, I am good in c,c++ and Java language also I have experience in developing computer desktop app and android app for college projects #animation #game-design #game-development...

#game-programming