Career Questions tagged Community Management

Eisha K.’s Avatar
Eisha K. Oct 25 14 views

Want phd in hospital management

Optometrist...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 438 views

How would you make a decision between pursuing a career in community management vs. marketing vs. social media?

Many of our students are evaluating multiple options. What are the differences between these professions? When is the right time for students to choose? What would you do to decide? What are some of the "if you like X, you might be a fit for Y" tips related to the community management,...

#social-media #marketing #community-management

Werner B.’s Avatar
Werner B. Sep 24, 2018 157 views

How can I jobshaddow community work

Jobshaddow careers...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 392 views

Is the structure of the community management career path quite stable or continuing to change?

Rumor has it the community management profession is changing. Is that true? If so, does that mean that the career path is changing as well? How should our students who are interested in careers in community management (many of whom will not be entering the workforce for several years) plan to...

#community #career-path #community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 535 views

Do I need a college degree to start a career in community management? If so, what type of degree would I need?

[This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!] College costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. Students want to...

#college #community #community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 440 views

How could I stand out for entry-level community management jobs as a recent college graduate?

I'm interested in what student could do both at the "resume stack" stage when they're first applying as well as at the "interview" stage. What have you seen that helps (especially young people) stand out? What did you do to stand out? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to...

#community-management #job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 331 views

What did you do to stand out when you were interviewing for your community manager job? (looking for bold stories!)

For our students who have never done an interview before, they can be really intimidating! What did you do to stand out in your interviews for the job you have now as a community manager? Inspire us with your stories of how you got the job! _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to...

#community-management #job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 491 views

What are the top three skills I need to demonstrate in community management interviews, and how can I demonstrate them?

_This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!_ #community-management...

#job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 327 views

How much do entry-level community management jobs pay?

Any research you could point to that would demonstrate what the entry-level salaries typically look like would be helpful. Please cite your sources on this one: even if it is annecdotal, it's better to acknowledge that. Bonus points for highlighting the differences by industry or sector or...

#financial-planning #community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 390 views

Are any of the classes I take in high school even relevant to my future if I plan to become a community manager?

Is high school REALLY relevant to real life? For students who plan to become community managers, which specific classes are actually relevant to their future career plans? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 365 views

Is it stressful to be a community manager? How do you manage the stress in your life and do you regret the career decision?

_This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!_...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 403 views

Do I need to have a huge social media following to get a job in community management? How huge?

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 328 views

What’s one piece of career advice you wish someone told you before you started a career in community management?

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 332 views

Are community management internships common? If not, how can I get relevant experience while I’m still in school?

If they *are* common, what tips do you have for how intern candidates can stand out for the internships? Is there something they can do to go "above and beyond" to show the characteristics and personality traits you're looking for in your interns? _This is part of a question series for CMX...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 318 views

What is one thing I can do after school as a high school student to set myself up for a career in community management?

Your average high school sophomore has an hour of travel to get home after school, followed by several hours of homework. What are some things that they can do with those flex hours after school to increase their chances of being ready for a career in community management? _This is part of a...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 346 views

If no companies are at my college career fair for community management jobs, how can I get a start in the industry?

It's super common that I hear from students who focus 99% of their energy on college career fairs to find entry-level jobs. If community management jobs aren't available at the career fair, what can students do to get their shot at a first job? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 327 views

What are senior community managers called?

In the community management career "path", what are the job titles for the more senior people? Is this stable or is it changing, and how? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 461 views

What are the typical work hours of a community manager?

How many hours did you work last week? How typical was that? How variable are the hours? Are they predictable? How much advance warning do you get when your schedule needs to change? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 389 views

Is community management a career path that can allow me to support a family in a big city?

Many of our students are trying to find careers that will allow them to support a future family. They need a certain level of compensation for that, and they need relatively predictable work hours to be able to accommodate kids' schedules and make ends meet. Is Community Management a profession...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 405 views

What is your lifestyle like as a community manager recently out of college?

Most of our students are very interested in how their "whole" life will look even outside of work. Given the hours you work, the compensation you get, and the stresses / joys of your job as a community manager, what does your after-work lifestyle look like? Is there time for family? For...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 351 views

Can I realistically start a career in community management remote / without moving to a big city?

Is it possible? What would it take? Is there something that our students who are unable to move to a big city (for example if they have to stay with their family or if they cannot afford to pay for a move) can do to get a remote job? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 385 views

Do I need to live in a big city to start a career in community management?

Are there particular cities where our students should plan to be if they want to get into this career? For our students who don't live in New York or San Francisco or other big cities, is it realistic to plan to do a career management career? Are there jobs out there in small cities or rural...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 377 views

What are the ups and downs of being a community manager?

It would be really helpful for many of our students to get a few ideas of the *ups* of community management and the *downs*. Sometimes making the good and bad things real can give us a better idea of if this career is right for us! _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 414 views

What is one specific moment in the last month when your job as a community manager was most difficult?

It's not all roses, right? When is community management a difficult or painful experience? What's the worst it can get, and what are the personality types that might not be a fit for the profession? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 363 views

What is one specific moment in the last month when your job as a community manager made you the happiest?

Sometimes we just need some inspiration. What is the most AWESOME aspect of your job? Can you tell us a time that was made "real" for you in the last month? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 290 views

What makes a community management job in the for-profit sector different from a community management job in the non-profit sector, and how should I decide which is better for me?

Are there differences? If so, what is the implication for you as a working professional? What should our students consider when making a decision of where to submit their resumes for those entry-level jobs? What should working professionals looking to make a career change consider? _This is...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 333 views

How did you get your first job in community management?

It would be inspirational to hear the story of **your** first-ever community management job! How did you get that first job? What can we all learn from how you achieved that? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 377 views

Can I start a career in community management right after college?

How common is that? What would the job be called? If it's _possible_ but _uncommon_ , it would also help a lot to understand what the "normal" career path is to getting started in community management. _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community...

#community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 388 views

Which college major would set me up best for a career in community management?

When you are looking at resumes to select for a community management role, which degrees are most common in the resume stack? Which are best? Should I major in marketing or english or business or communications or sociology or something else? How much does it matter? I’m interested less in what...

#community-management