Career Questions tagged Community Management

Jack B.’s Avatar
Jack B. Oct 31, 2021 81 views

What is career village ?

I was instructed to join this community but I don't know what is for? career-paths...

community-management

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Jun 01, 2021 384 views

How to deal with poor leadership?

Without giving too much information away, I’m dealing with a boss who isn’t the greatest when it comes to leadership skills. I work online as a scouter for deals, meaning I search online for discounts, and I’m technically an independent contractor. When I first got the job, I asked many...

sales online business community-management work boss organizationalleadership management organization working job technology criticism leadership

Paige A.’s Avatar
Paige A. May 18, 2021 149 views

Looking for answers about helpful college majors and classes for lawyers.

As I begin my college career in the fall, I am wondering if there are any helpful classes or majors that work well in law careers. I am aware that there is no major requirement for law school, but wondering if there are any particular classes/majors that lawyers still find helpful in their...

community-management politics political-science

Ruchita H.’s Avatar
Ruchita H. Apr 14, 2021 166 views
Kamryn H.’s Avatar
Kamryn H. Oct 19, 2020 135 views

How much is the income for an NICU nurse ?

I am a freshman taking principles of health science nursingschool...

community-management

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 283 views

Where should I start with new degree in Community Development?

As a soon to be graduate obtaining a degree in Community Development, with a concentration in Community Services, where should I look, in terms of organizations or companies to start my career. community-management career human-resources...

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 397 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? community-management business-management networking communitydevelopment community outreach engagement...

career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 357 views

How much of your job in community development involves research?

Do you feel that you need to really study the community you are working with in order to benefit them most? Do you find that reaching out to community members helps to understand the needs of the whole community most adequately, or do you research programs similar to ones you may be considering...

community-services career community-management community-outreach community-development community development research

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 281 views

What is the most challenging part of working within community development?

Where do most of the frustrations lie when considering the work done within community development and community services? community-management community-development community-outreach familyservices urbanplanning...

careers

Eisha K.’s Avatar
Eisha K. Oct 25, 2019 246 views
Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 689 views

How would you make a decision between pursuing a career in community management vs. marketing vs. social media?

Many of our students are evaluating multiple options. What are the differences between these professions? When is the right time for students to choose? What would you do to decide? What are some of the "if you like X, you might be a fit for Y" tips related to the community management,...

community-management marketing social-media

Werner B.’s Avatar
Werner B. Sep 24, 2018 446 views

How can I jobshaddow community work

Jobshaddow careers...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 664 views

Is the structure of the community management career path quite stable or continuing to change?

Rumor has it the community management profession is changing. Is that true? If so, does that mean that the career path is changing as well? How should our students who are interested in careers in community management (many of whom will not be entering the workforce for several years) plan to...

community-management community career-path

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 763 views

Do I need a college degree to start a career in community management? If so, what type of degree would I need?

[This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!] College costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. Students want to...

community-management community college

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 670 views

How could I stand out for entry-level community management jobs as a recent college graduate?

I'm interested in what student could do both at the "resume stack" stage when they're first applying as well as at the "interview" stage. What have you seen that helps (especially young people) stand out? What did you do to stand out? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to...

community-management job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 537 views

What did you do to stand out when you were interviewing for your community manager job? (looking for bold stories!)

For our students who have never done an interview before, they can be really intimidating! What did you do to stand out in your interviews for the job you have now as a community manager? Inspire us with your stories of how you got the job! _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to...

community-management job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 770 views

What are the top three skills I need to demonstrate in community management interviews, and how can I demonstrate them?

_This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!_ community-management...

job-application

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 507 views

How much do entry-level community management jobs pay?

Any research you could point to that would demonstrate what the entry-level salaries typically look like would be helpful. Please cite your sources on this one: even if it is annecdotal, it's better to acknowledge that. Bonus points for highlighting the differences by industry or sector or...

community-management financial-planning

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 548 views

Are any of the classes I take in high school even relevant to my future if I plan to become a community manager?

Is high school REALLY relevant to real life? For students who plan to become community managers, which specific classes are actually relevant to their future career plans? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 627 views

Is it stressful to be a community manager? How do you manage the stress in your life and do you regret the career decision?

_This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community management, now would be a good time to ask a question of your own!_...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 629 views

Do I need to have a huge social media following to get a job in community management? How huge?

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 536 views

What’s one piece of career advice you wish someone told you before you started a career in community management?

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 480 views

Are community management internships common? If not, how can I get relevant experience while I’m still in school?

If they *are* common, what tips do you have for how intern candidates can stand out for the internships? Is there something they can do to go "above and beyond" to show the characteristics and personality traits you're looking for in your interns? _This is part of a question series for CMX...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 609 views

What is one thing I can do after school as a high school student to set myself up for a career in community management?

Your average high school sophomore has an hour of travel to get home after school, followed by several hours of homework. What are some things that they can do with those flex hours after school to increase their chances of being ready for a career in community management? _This is part of a...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 517 views

If no companies are at my college career fair for community management jobs, how can I get a start in the industry?

It's super common that I hear from students who focus 99% of their energy on college career fairs to find entry-level jobs. If community management jobs aren't available at the career fair, what can students do to get their shot at a first job? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit...

community-management

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 458 views

What are senior community managers called?

In the community management career "path", what are the job titles for the more senior people? Is this stable or is it changing, and how? _This is part of a question series for CMX Summit to highlight exciting careers in community management. If you are interested in a career in community...

community-management