What are acceptable undergraduate degrees to have before pursuing a graduate degree in biomedical engineering?

I am interested in pursuing a career in biomedical engineering, specifically research in regenerative medicine. I have received conflicting information on undergraduate degrees in this area. Some sources tell me that I need a biomedical engineering undergraduate degree from a high-ranking institution to get into a strong biomedical engineering graduate program. Other sources tell me that I can get an undergraduate degree from a regional university in an area such as biology or chemistry and have no problem getting into a graduate school with good scores. What is the best advice? #medicine #biomedical-engineering #medicine-research #biomedical-science

3

Al’s Answer

Biomedical engineering is an area where when I received my degree, you took ever possible weed out class in biology, chemistry, physics, math, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering to obtain the foundation for becoming a Biomedical engineer. That being said, depending on the area of research you want to pursue, you would need to have a background in that area to be able to further your goal. Just having a BS in Biomedical engineering as an undergraduate is not the answer, so I would not put a premium on having the degree to further you goal in research.

0