Career Questions tagged Personal Finance

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 247 views

Dealing with debt

How is everyone else dealing with all the student loan debt? When I get out of PT school I will be looking at $100,000 in debt. While I will be loving what I do, that number gives me anxiety. How is everyone paying off their student loan debt? #debt #personal-finance #student-loans...

#anxiety

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 09, 2018 219 views

What are the pros/cons of living at school vs. commuting. #campuslife #trafficjam

I want to live at School, my pocketbook says I have to commute. I live 45 minutes from campus on a no traffic, best case scenario commute. I am concerned about the time, stress and safety of this twice daily commute and will talk to my advisor about maximizing classes on certain days so as not...

#personal-finance #trafficjam #campuslife

Zachary H.’s Avatar
Zachary H. Mar 27, 2018 317 views

How do I balance spending and saving?

My instinct is to spend only what I have to, then spend the rest on luxuries. What are some strategies for developing healthy financial practices? #college-advice #personal-finance...

#savings

Isaac H.’s Avatar
Isaac H. Jan 16, 2018 265 views

Is it worth it to take out a student loan?

I want to make sure that taking out a loan is a good idea. If I don't get a job right out of college, it will be hard to pay back any student loans, and I'm not guaranteed a job out of college. Is it a good idea to take out a student loan, or should I try to find a less costly option of getting...

#loans #financial-planning #studentloans #personal-finance

Austin V.’s Avatar
Austin V. Jan 17, 2018 408 views

What are good ways to save/make money?

I know we all have a hard time with money and school and bills. Does anyone have some good advice on how to save and then continue to save. I have had a savings account for a good year now and it just seems like I am not making enough money to even put money in my savings account. and how do...

#financial-planning #expenses #money-management #job #personal-finance #money #college #saving

Aaron G.’s Avatar
Aaron G. Jan 17, 2018 326 views

I am interest in electrical engineering, but I also like finance/money-related topics. Any advice on these two careers?

I want to go to college with a major that will help me secure a job in the future while enjoying my work. I am currently deciding between engineering and finance. #technology #finance #personal-finance #electrical-engineering #engineering #money-management #investment...

#career

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Dec 06, 2017 280 views

How good is it to pay back student loans while still in college?

Wanted to know if it was a good idea to start paying back student debt while still in school or should I wait until I finish? #debt #student-loans #personal-finance #financial-planning #student-loans...

Cecilia P.’s Avatar
Cecilia P. Oct 25, 2017 855 views

Are unpaid internships worth it?

I'm currently a full time student working at a part time job. I'm currently looking for an internship to work in the public health field, but I noticed that most of them are unpaid and demand a significant amount of dedication. I understand that internships are extremely important for career...

#problem-solving #career-counseling #personal-finance #money-management #publichealth #internships

casey P.’s Avatar
casey P. Sep 30, 2017 515 views
Savannah V.’s Avatar
Savannah V. Sep 01, 2017 426 views
lvictor T.’s Avatar
lvictor T. Sep 30, 2017 306 views

how can students be more informed and educated on financial literacy?

many students of today are facing financial obstacles considering that they have bad credit,which comes from mistakes of credit card use,student loans,and financially...

#personal-finance

Akilah F.’s Avatar
Akilah F. May 19, 2016 549 views

My parents refuse to sign up for financial aid, because of certain information required, is there any alternative way around this or special circumstantial exceptions?

I'm asking this question because my parents refuse to give me their information and they fail to see how FASFA could be a great help when it comes to financial educational needs. #financial-aid...

#personal-finance

Rachel S.’s Avatar
Rachel S. May 13, 2016 541 views

Is my dream school for graduate education worth the debt? Will it be worth it for my future career?

After I complete my undergraduate school at Georgia Tech, my dream is to attend the University of Southern California for graduate school and earn my Masters in Economics. This school is extremely expensive and will leave me in debt. #graduate-school #economics #debt...

#personal-finance

Michaela B.’s Avatar
Michaela B. May 13, 2016 809 views

What is the difference between a subsidized and an un-subsidized loan?

I'm trying to be smart about paying for college. I don't want to be in debt when I'm thirty. #scholarships #student-loans #money-management #debt...

#personal-finance

Tyler R.’s Avatar
Tyler R. May 04, 2016 655 views

Why is college so expensive now compared to when my parents attended college?

Because I'm frustrated that college will put me in a ton of debt. #college #student-loans #debt...

#personal-finance

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 768 views

Is it better to go into debt to go to an Ivy League or go to a UC and have a comparatively smaller debt level?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at CareerVillage. I'm facing this decision currently for Brown University vs. UCSD for Computational Biology. Most of my family and friends want me to go to Brown, but my best friend pointed out that tuition for four years at UCSD is...

#brown-university #computer-science #finance #personal-finance #money #ucsd #college

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 15, 2015 894 views

Where can I find a list of scholarships and grants along with a description of their application processes?

College application season is here, and seniors all over the country are looking for scholarships and grants to help reduce the cost of attendance. This young lady from Houston is hoping to win some scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic year. #college #scholarships #college-applications #debt...

#grants #personal-finance

Aditi G.’s Avatar
Aditi G. Apr 10, 2015 811 views

I completed CPA(Certified Public Accountancy) 4 years back, before that I was working in a Public accounting firm. So I have the CPA license and work expereince also but for past 4 years didn't work coz of Visa requirements.how to go back to work now

I am a CPA and a mom of two kids. I have work experience and CPA education and license but its a few years that I didn't work. Now, my question is that should I think of getting back to work through H & R block tax course in Sep2015. If I do that what are my job prospects gonna be after...

#accounting #taxes #personal-finance #recruiter #accountant #cpa #ea

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Oct 21, 2014 1136 views

Money problems

What should one do if we do not have the funds to go to a good college? Would a loan be worth the debt? #college #money #student-loans #debt #personal-finance...

#economy