My parents refuse to sign up for financial aid, because of certain information required, is there any alternative way around this or special circumstantial exceptions?

3

I'm asking this question because my parents refuse to give me their information and they fail to see how FASFA could be a great help when it comes to financial educational needs. #financial-aid #personal-finance

3

Johannes’s Answer

0

That is a very difficult situation to be in. The other responses in this thread seemed very helpful, and I would also recommend reading the following article:

https://www.edvisors.com/ask/faq/parents-refuse/

Lastly, if I were in your place, I would want to understand why your parents refused to fill out the FAFSA documents. Once you understand their concerns, do your best to prove that they don't need to worry. If it's about privacy, tell them the information is secure and completely confidential. If they're afraid that they will have to pay your loans for you, ask your finance counselor to only give loans your parents do not have to co-sign for.

0

Marquell’s Answer

0

Hi Akilah,

Unfortunately, your parents must provide their info if you want FAFSA help. FAFSA is very important because they need to know how much your parents make in order to determine your aid.

They really should reconsider FAFSA if you don't have a lot of scholarships or other financial awards.

Best of Luck

0