Is my dream school for graduate education worth the debt? Will it be worth it for my future career?

3

After I complete my undergraduate school at Georgia Tech, my dream is to attend the University of Southern California for graduate school and earn my Masters in Economics. This school is extremely expensive and will leave me in debt. #graduate-school #economics #debt #personal-finance

3

Jeff’s Answer

0
Hi,

This comes down to a personal choice and I want to give you a little perspective. While yes there are jobs once you complete your graduate degree that pay well and some that don’t. Pay is all relative to the particular person and you will need to determine what that is for you.
Maybe after you get your undergrad degree find a job in that profession and some companies offer tuition assistance that can be a great benefit to keep the debut at a minimal. Depending on your career choice for example my sister is a teacher and if she worked for a particular school they helped her pay off her student debt. There are many options out there, but you will need to do your research.

One thing I am passionate about are the below five components of emotional intelligence at work. These can help you professionally and personally throughout your life.

Five Components of Emotional Intelligence at Work:
• Self-Awareness – Deep understanding of one’s emotions, strengths, weaknesses, needs and drives.
• Self-Regulation – Biological impulses drive our emotions.
• Motivation – If there is one trait that virtually all effective leaders have, it is motivation
• Empathy – Of all the dimensions of emotional intelligence, empathy is the most easily recognized.
• Social Skill – The first three components of emotional intelligence are self-management skills.

I also like setting yourself up with S.M.A.R.T goals. Working on your personal development and growing is key.

Good Luck, 😊
0

Sonali’s Answer

0

Apply for graduate study loans/scholarships also. With your graduate degree, you will get a good job and can easily pay off the loan.

0