Career Questions tagged Taxes

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 27 407 views

What steps are involved in getting a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)?

Do I have to take a test, take the IRS' Annual Filing Season Program, etc.?

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jun 09 291 views

Do all companies have W2?

As I get my first official full time job one of the things that I had no clue how it works is W2 and I've been looking into it. From a simple search I found: In general, the W-2 must be used if the employer has employees and pays them a wage. I recently got an offer letter for full time and...

Kate’s Avatar
Kate Apr 26, 2018 796 views

What do I need to learn how to do before moving out and living on my own?

I wasn't taught a whole lot at school about what living on your own entails, and now the time has come where I am becoming an adult and have started preparing for my future. I have yet to learn how credit works, as well as interests and loans. I dont know how to do my own taxes or what...

rachael’s Avatar
rachael Sep 30, 2017 747 views

How would you guide someone just learning to file their taxes?

I am curious how tax advisors would help someone of a young age learn how to do their taxes. #taxes #income-taxes

Mireia’s Avatar
Mireia Sep 30, 2017 2078 views

What is one thing you wish you knew before becoming an accountant, auditor, consultant, and/or in the taxing career?

#tax #taxing #taxes #accountant #accounting #auditor #auditing #consulting #consultant #consultants

Amber’s Avatar
Amber Sep 30, 2017 581 views

How does one get a tax return and how much do they get if they are a student?

Myself, personally have never done taxes and I am trying to figure them out before heading off to college next year. #taxes #income-taxes #taxesforlife

Veronica’s Avatar
Veronica Sep 29, 2017 593 views

How you learn to do taxes, but the school doesn't have any classes so you know what to do?

In life we are made to do taxes, and most of us are so clueless to where to start. Some of us don't have anyone to go to get the knowledge we need.
#Taxes #Wack

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Sep 29, 2017 631 views

How exact do taxes work, and how do you do them?

I'm asking this because as I will grow up it'll be something I'll have to do so and want to know more about it and how it actually works. #taxes

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Sep 28, 2017 834 views

Why do only certain states charge income tax?

I have lived in multiple states in the United States, one of which did not charge state income tax. I was simply wondering why some US states choose to charge state income taxes while others do not. #income-taxes #taxes

Brittanie’s Avatar
Brittanie Oct 31, 2016 782 views

I need tips or suggestions on how to budget at home business from separate personal finances

I wish to start a business but I don't want to mix up finance between personal and business. Or can you just put the money in your personal account if your the only employee doing the work? #accounting #financial-accounting #taxes #tax

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah May 15, 2016 602 views

How do I deduct student loans from my taxes when I am filing my taxes?

I am just really curious because my friend had lots of student loan debt and she was able to deduct her student loan interest from her taxes. #taxes

Aditi’s Avatar
Aditi Apr 10, 2015 1168 views

I completed CPA(Certified Public Accountancy) 4 years back, before that I was working in a Public accounting firm. So I have the CPA license and work expereince also but for past 4 years didn't work coz of Visa requirements.how to go back to work now

I am a CPA and a mom of two kids. I have work experience and CPA education and license but its a few years that I didn't work. Now, my question is that should I think of getting back to work through H & R block tax course in Sep2015. If I do that what are my job prospects gonna be after...

Axael’s Avatar
Axael Dec 02, 2014 1199 views

i need info about accounting and how much is the salary

i want to know how much is the pay rate for taxes #accounting #money #taxes