Career Questions tagged Auditing

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Apr 07 253 views

How is an auditing career different from what students will learn about in school?

I am an Accountancy & Finance student graduating this May. I was in a short internship in external auditing and it was an experience totally different from what I envisioned while still schooling. Unfortunately my time there was shortened because of Covid 19. Hope to hear more from your...

#accountancy #internship #auditing

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017 1142 views

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. #accounting #audit #auditor #auditing #accountant #consulting #tax #taxing #taxation...

#consultants

Tiffany  B.’s Avatar
Tiffany B. Jan 27, 2017 1195 views

Due to the competitive nature, do Big 4 firms discriminate against students who start at a community college?

So I am a student at community college for financial reasons, however I do not want that to make me a 'weaker' candidate. If it does, what can I do to set myself apart from the pack? #accounting #community-college #auditing #working-in-big-companies #deloitte #ey #kpmg...

#pwc

chethan S.’s Avatar
chethan S. May 27, 2016 497 views
Shayla C.’s Avatar
Shayla C. May 11, 2016 1788 views

Why did you become an auditor?

I just heard about this job. I'm great with numbers, and do well in math class in high school, but this job sounds kind of boring. Do you like your job as an auditor? Is it really as boring as it sounds staring at spreadsheets and numbers all day? I'd also like to hear why you chose to become...

#accounting #business #finance #auditing #stem #math