Career Questions tagged Investment Banking

Ashley X.’s Avatar
Ashley X. May 06 118 views

What are steps one should take in order to become an investment banking analyst?

I am really interested in math, and I enjoy dealing with data. I think technology is really useful, and a quick navigation tool....

#investment-banking

Gianna R.’s Avatar
Gianna R. Jul 27, 2019 186 views

What is investment banking like

Hi, I am a Finance major and i am interested in a career in investment banking. I know a lot about the culture, but just don't have a clear understanding of what it is actually like to work for an investment bank. Also, if i don't go to a target school, do I even have a shot? & what is it...

#money-management #business #investment-banking #finance #investment-management

Daniel Y.’s Avatar
Daniel Y. May 09, 2018 299 views

How do investment bankers, venture capalists, private equity partners, etc find deals?

I've always been curious how #investment-banking professionals, #venture-capital professionals , #private-equity professionals find deals? Their entire premise seems to be based on having #relationships within certain industries but how do they start building these? #deal #deal-closure...

#capital #sourcing #finance

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 09, 2017 575 views

How do I start investing in the Stock Market?

I want to learn how to make a second stream of income. I am currently in my 4th-year of college. I want to develop my assets so I will have a lot of money for the future. I do have a bit of capital to start off with and I am not afraid of assuming risk. How do I best use it? #money #finance...

#investment-banking #financial-services #investment-management #business

Moshe N.’s Avatar
Moshe N. Sep 01, 2017 470 views

investment banking

best college for investment banking...

#investment-banking

Zach N.’s Avatar
Zach N. Aug 31, 2017 397 views

What is your experience inside of or around investment banking?

Heavily considering a life on Wall Street and have been researching the benefits and the costs. Would love to hear your perspective, big or small! #finance #investment-banking...

#investment-management

DEVANSH P.’s Avatar
DEVANSH P. Jul 31, 2017 1001 views

To become an investment banker is a degree in business administration appropriate?

For my future career plans. #banking #investment-banking #finance [This question was edited for clarity by a site...

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Jun 17, 2017 689 views

How to wear in investment bank social event?

I received an invitation to participate a IB social event. Business casual or professional?...

#investment-banking

Ana M.’s Avatar
Ana M. May 31, 2017 724 views

Economic History or Economics for Equity Research

I'm a high school student looking to apply to the University of Edinburgh and Oxford for a degree in either Economics and Management (Oxford)/Economics with Finance (Edinburgh) or Economics and History (Oxford) and Economics and Economic History(Edinburgh). I feel incredibly passionate about...

#equity-research #economics #investment-banking #finance #corporate-finance

Jess W.’s Avatar
Jess W. Apr 02, 2017 661 views

Is it wise to study for a Masters when most of the jobs you are looking for requires only a Degree? How much more powerful is a Masters compared to a Degree?

I'm someone who is focused on lifelong learning, and I would prefer to stick to learning more about the world around me, rather than starting work so early and simply watch the money come in. Most adults tell me that once you see those digits in your banks account go up, very few would want to...

#university #academic-advising #investment-banking #computer-software #investment-management #biomedical-engineering #astronomy #medicine

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 04, 2017 510 views

Is it important to enter investment banking with formal internship?

This summer I may be entering futures company to begin my first internship. Now I am second-year student. #investment-banking...

#futures-company

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 04, 2017 641 views

How old age is good to enter investment banking?

Many people told me that the job is suitable for young people. Although now i am 19 years old, i want to plan my career path....

#investment-banking

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 04, 2017 654 views

Which business school is good at finance?

I want to be investment banker. At least I want to continue study finance after graduation. #finance...

#investment-banking

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Feb 26, 2017 419 views

If I want to enter investment bank, what should I do during second-year (total 4 years) summer in university?

Now I am second-year student, I have found many relative internships to graduate in 2018. I have chance to have internship in commercial bank or securities company. Is it ok?...

#investment-banking

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Feb 23, 2017 697 views

How can I find an internship for business or finance?

I'm a High school junior and really want to pursue a career in business or finance. I want an internship to gain experience and show an my interest to colleges. I know I'm young but is there any hope in finding a position like that? #business #finance #business-management #financial-services...

#investment-banking #investment-management

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Dec 20, 2016 1351 views

How can I get started learning financial modeling?

I'm a sophomore in college, getting ready to apply for internships in corporate finance or banking or investing, and I want to be able to show finance companies/firms that I'm qualified to work for them. I want to teach myself financial modeling in excel. What kind of models should I try to...

#financial-analysis #investment-banking #finance #investment-management #corporate-finance

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Nov 18, 2016 1095 views

Does anybody have any tips or advice for phone interviews with investment firms?

I'm a college student majoring in English/Economics, and I have a phone interview with an REIT/Asset Management firm. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for how business/finance interviews are usually conducted. How much of a technical background should I be expected to have, and...

#business #real-estate-financing #consulting #investment-banking #finance #real-estate-investing

Bradley T.’s Avatar
Bradley T. Nov 07, 2016 661 views

Is it better to major in Finance or Accounting if you want to be an investment banker? What college courses should they take in order to do extremely well?

I have been reading a lot of articles about how to get into the investment banking industry and how valuable a knowledge in finance and economics is but I wanted to know if accounting could still bring some value. #financial-services #investment-banking #financial-accounting...

#investment-banker

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 630 views

How do you choose the life insurance policy?

I want my family to be taken care of financially,once I have moved forward with my life. #lawyer #japan #investment-banking #family...

#general-insurance

zoha B.’s Avatar
zoha B. Jun 23, 2016 700 views
Nikhil P.’s Avatar
Nikhil P. Jul 26, 2015 1113 views

What would be more viable for a career in Investment Banking?

As many kids are trying to get into investment banking, new degrees like Financial Engineering have opened up. Because im someone who enjoys science too, which would be a better combination to get into Investment banking after college? 1. Mechanical Engineering + Finance (minor) 2. Financial...

#investment-banking #investment-banker

Flora C.’s Avatar
Flora C. Mar 24, 2014 1555 views

What does it take for someone with a Bachelor of Science to get a job in the finance industry?

I know it is not as common for someone with a B. Sc. to work in the finance industry but what are the most important skills I should work on to up my chances of getting a job in the finance industry eg. SAS, programming or financial modelling? #finance #financial-services #banking...

#investment-banking #commercial-banking #financial-analysis #corporate-finance

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 05, 2014 19506 views

Should I major in Finance or Economics?

I am currently a junior in High School and I am very interested in working on Wall St. when I grow up, as I have been for a long time. However, with the main majors like Finance, Economics, Accounting, and Business, choosing a major has become difficult. So far, I have narrowed the choices to...

#college-major #economics #investment-banking #finance #college-majors #investment-banker

Prithvi A.’s Avatar
Prithvi A. Mar 04, 2014 1981 views

What steps do I need to take to become an Investment Banker?

My name is Prithvi and I am currently a Junior in High School. My interest in college is oriented towards Economics and Finance and after combing through many different career options, I decided that I want to pursue a job at Wall St. firm as an Investment Banker. What do I need to do in order...

#stock-broker #economics #investment-banking #finance #investment-banker

Joannacodman2 .’s Avatar
Joannacodman2 . Sep 07, 2012 1527 views

When you are an investment-banker how long are the hours you work?

I would like to know how many hours does an investment banker usually work. #finance #investment-banking...

#investment-banker

Joannacodman2 .’s Avatar
Joannacodman2 . Sep 07, 2012 2451 views

Where can I learn more about investment-banking ?

i an in 10th grade and i am trying to find out more ways to learn about being an investment-banker and i would like to find out more ways to learn. #finance...

#investment-banking

Jackson T.’s Avatar
Jackson T. Jul 09, 2012 7211 views

How do you get an internship in investment banking?

I'm interested in investment banking and I've heard that you need to have completed an internship in order to get a position after college. Is this true? If so, how do you get an internship like that? When should I start looking for an internship? #finance #internships...

#investment-banking

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 30, 2011 4272 views

What is the career path to a successful career in private equity investment?

I am interested in finance, and in particular in private equity. How do I need to do to get a job in private equity investment? #finance #career-paths...

#investment-banking