Career Questions tagged Firefighter

Theo S.’s Avatar
Theo S. Jan 05 47 views

Who in a Fire Station should I contact about job-shadowing opportunities?

Hello, I'm 14 years old and will be job shadowing soon. I want to do it with EMS, specifically an medical first responder. I figured since I will likely not be able to do it with EMTs that use ambulances as I don't know how old I would have to be for a ride along, I would go for firefighters...

ems jobshadowing firefighter advice

Austin P.’s Avatar
Austin P. Jan 03 60 views

Junior Firefighter Programs

What can I do to get myself into one? What should I expect? Requirements? Fees? EMS Firefighter Firefighting Firefighters Youth...

career

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Nov 10, 2021 54 views

I want to be a firefighter.

I am 14 years old....

firefighter

Elio V.’s Avatar
Elio V. Jul 29, 2021 163 views

What are the skills needed to become a firefighter?

I really don't know what I want to do in life but being a firefighter always seemed interesting to me....

firefighter

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 129 views

Is being a fire fighter fun to be on a daily basis

firefighting fun firefighter I was just wondering for the future because I do not want to be in a job that I would not like for a few years.I am concerned that if it can not be a fun job then why waste the training if I would not stick with the...

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 193 views

What is the best education for a fire fighter

firefighter firefighting I want to go to college is a definite answer yes, but I am not exactly certain on wanting to become a fire fighter but I just want to know just in case I make the decision to become one, I just want to be 100% certain for my...

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 27, 2020 117 views

What are the work days like for a fire fighter

I wanted to see if family time was restricted a lot of the time, Family is really important to me and i was just wondering if I would have a decent amount of time to see them during the day.I was also concerned with free time and about how much you would have on a typical day...

firefighter

Aiden W.’s Avatar
Aiden W. Oct 27, 2020 109 views

How old were you when you wanted to be a firefighter?

Hello. I am in an 8th grade career writing class and our assignment is to ask questions about jobs were are interested in. When did you know you wanted to be a firefighter? Did you always want to be one?...

firefighter

Aiden W.’s Avatar
Aiden W. Oct 27, 2020 167 views

How much training do you need to be a firefighter?

#I am in the 8th grade and I am interested in being a firefighter. Do I need to go to college and is there a special school you can go to to be a firefighter?...

firefighter

Colby H.’s Avatar
Colby H. Oct 23, 2020 1082 views

What do you have to do to become a Fire Fighter

Hi I am in 12 grade and this career has been interesting me for a while.I have no definite plan on what to do after school and I am scared for my future especially because my brain is not set just on this career but I just need some clarification firefighter...

firefighting

Connor B.’s Avatar
Connor B. Oct 19, 2020 102 views
Connor B.’s Avatar
Connor B. Oct 19, 2020 117 views
Connor B.’s Avatar
Connor B. Oct 19, 2020 87 views
Connor B.’s Avatar
Connor B. Oct 19, 2020 104 views
daniel L.’s Avatar
daniel L. Apr 24, 2020 295 views

What impact has Covid-19 done in regards to working in a fire station?

Being a fire fighter is one of my dream goals since a kid, I am currently enrolled in a fire academy and love it. I have my cpr certification and I am accomplishing a lot to meet the requirements to be part of the fire service. But what has Covid-19 done to firefighters to stay safe while...

service covid-19 fire fireservice saferathome firefighter

daniel L.’s Avatar
daniel L. Apr 21, 2020 171 views

What are the right steps to become a firefighter?>

I am currently a 10th grader at Hart High school wanting to persue one of my dream jobs of becoming part of the fire service. I am currently enrolled in a Fire Academy and I am loving it, but Covid-19 has turned our hands on learning to station tours with out instructors. With the information I...

fireservice lafd firefighter

James N.’s Avatar
James N. Mar 18, 2020 300 views

How I should make my way into a wildland firefighting career?

I'm a senior in high school in Texas and I was wondering how I should make my way into a wildland firefighting career. I have been accepted into college but I'm not sure if I want to go and I don't know if it will be necessary for wildland firefighting. I don't want to waste 20k dollars on...

career wildfire college firefighter fire-fighter

Pedro N.’s Avatar
Pedro N. Feb 03, 2020 255 views

Is there any volunteer firefighter work available?

I live in the Rogers Park area Chicago Illinois. I'm interested in the firefighter volunteer. I have a criminal background. What are my chances and getting into volunteer work? criminal volunteer...

firefighter

Caden P.’s Avatar
Caden P. Dec 12, 2018 405 views

How fulfilling has your career been?

Is this a career that you enjoy doing? What are some of the things you didn't know you'd be doing coming into this career? career...

firefighter

Caden P.’s Avatar
Caden P. Dec 12, 2018 367 views

How much can soeone make starting off in this career?

What is the median pay for firefighting? What are some things that factor in o the different compensation you receive? career...

firefighter

Caden P.’s Avatar
Caden P. Dec 12, 2018 338 views

What does your day to day life as a firefighter consist of?

I know that firefighters put out fires, and help save lives. What kinds of things do you do when there are no fires, and what kinds of emergencies or fires do you respond to? All that I usually hear about is house fires. career firefighter forest...

L'esha Z.’s Avatar
L'esha Z. Sep 20, 2018 362 views

Im a 11th grader and have been thinking about my future lately. I'm really interested in psychology and want to become a social worker, but I'm torn between social work and being a firefighter.

I really want to help people and don' t know which one to choose with my limited knowledge. Would someone please tell me the processes of becoming a social worker or firefighter stuckbetweencareers FireFIghter...

social-work