Career Questions tagged Firefighter

Austin’s Avatar
Austin Dec 09, 2022 93 views

Does anybody know anyone/are themselves or once were an Army Firefighter (MOS12M) or Carpentry Specialist (MOS12W)?

These MOS Stand out most to me although information on them is scarce. Wondering if could get any more information, especially in detail as I am struggling to find anyone who has done these and can truly tell me what it is like. Thanks for any information! #EOY22 #Army #National Guard...

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Dec 07, 2022 72 views

What kind of benefits do you receive as a forest firefighter in the U.S. Forrest Service?

what kind of benefits do you receive as a forest firefighter in the U.S.F.S.?

joshua’s Avatar
joshua Dec 07, 2022 56 views

for smoke jumper how did you get picked to be a smoke jumper?

how did you differentiate from others or make yourself more appealing to be a smoke jumper.

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Dec 07, 2022 77 views

Is there room for growth as a forest firefighter?

I'm interested in forest firefighting is their room for growth and what would I need to do to become a smoke jumper or park ranger

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Dec 07, 2022 56 views

What would a normal week for a firefighter look like?

Interested in the urban firefighting field.

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Dec 07, 2022 69 views

As a forest firefighter how many months of the year do you usually work??

As a forest firefighter how many months of the year do you usually work?

Isaac’s Avatar
Isaac Nov 02, 2022 322 views

What can I do to improve my To Do List on my profile to achieve my ultimate goal?

I choose Stone Masonry as a job for a stepping stone towards becoming a Municipal FireFighter, Because Stone Masonry is a very physically demanding job, and as you know passing fire school and maintaining your career as a FireFighter will be in need of physical strength. What are some things...

Isaac’s Avatar
Isaac Nov 01, 2022 130 views

What should I do?

I'm not sure what career path I want to take, I'm stuck between cement masonry, and going to fire school to become a firefighter. I enjoy both but I want a career I know I'll enjoy in the future as well.
What do you think? advice?

Angelo’s Avatar
Angelo Sep 29, 2022 270 views

When should I become a firefighter? After high school or after college?

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 233 views

Can you describe your company culture?

To understand the company's values, management, leadership styles, and the approach in which they take to solve challenges and treating their employees in that particular occupation.

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 175 views

Why did you decide to work in this industry?

My goal is to gain a better understanding of what other people think about an industry before I choose a career

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 227 views

What benefits come with this career?

401 K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Medical leave, Paid Sick Leave, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Identity Protection, financial resources, Financial Hardship Programs, Flexible Scheduling, Disability Insurance

DarMario’s Avatar
DarMario Jun 09, 2022 271 views

Exactly how many levels are there to being a firefighter?

I am interested in becoming a firefighter, but I need to find out what I need to do to become one, such as classes or degrees to do so.

Theo’s Avatar
Theo Jan 05, 2022 312 views

Who in a Fire Station should I contact about job-shadowing opportunities?

Hello, I'm 14 years old and will be job shadowing soon. I want to do it with EMS, specifically an medical first responder. I figured since I will likely not be able to do it with EMTs that use ambulances as I don't know how old I would have to be for a ride along, I would go for firefighters...

Austin’s Avatar
Austin Jan 03, 2022 376 views

Junior Firefighter Programs

What can I do to get myself into one? What should I expect? Requirements? Fees?

#EMS #Firefighter #Firefighting #Firefighters #Youth #career

Hope’s Avatar
Hope Nov 10, 2021 212 views

I want to be a firefighter.

I am 14 years old.
#firefighter

Elio’s Avatar
Elio Jul 29, 2021 461 views

What are the skills needed to become a firefighter?

I really don't know what I want to do in life but being a firefighter always seemed interesting to me.

#firefighter

Tyrese’s Avatar
Tyrese May 17, 2021 777 views

Where do I begin to become a firefighter?

#firefighter #chefs

Colby’s Avatar
Colby Oct 27, 2020 229 views

Is being a fire fighter fun to be on a daily basis

#firefighting #fun #firefighter I was just wondering for the future because I do not want to be in a job that I would not like for a few years.I am concerned that if it can not be a fun job then why waste the training if I would not stick with the job

Colby’s Avatar
Colby Oct 27, 2020 318 views

What is the best education for a fire fighter

#firefighter #firefighting I want to go to college is a definite answer yes, but I am not exactly certain on wanting to become a fire fighter but I just want to know just in case I make the decision to become one, I just want to be 100% certain for my future

Colby’s Avatar
Colby Oct 27, 2020 217 views

What are the work days like for a fire fighter

I wanted to see if family time was restricted a lot of the time, Family is really important to me and i was just wondering if I would have a decent amount of time to see them during the day.I was also concerned with free time and about how much you would have on a typical day #firefighter

Aiden’s Avatar
Aiden Oct 27, 2020 230 views

How old were you when you wanted to be a firefighter?

Hello. I am in an 8th grade career writing class and our assignment is to ask questions about jobs were are interested in. When did you know you wanted to be a firefighter? Did you always want to be one?
#firefighter

Aiden’s Avatar
Aiden Oct 27, 2020 289 views

How much training do you need to be a firefighter?

#I am in the 8th grade and I am interested in being a firefighter. Do I need to go to college and is there a special school you can go to to be a firefighter?
#firefighter

Colby’s Avatar
Colby Oct 23, 2020 1512 views

What do you have to do to become a Fire Fighter

Hi I am in 12 grade and this career has been interesting me for a while.I have no definite plan on what to do after school and I am scared for my future especially because my brain is not set just on this career but I just need some clarification
#firefighter #firefighting

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 197 views

Have u ever been really scared in your job?

#Firefighter

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 211 views

What traits do I need for the job?

#Firefighter

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 231 views

Should I go to school for a emt 1st?

#Firefighter

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 174 views

How many years of school do I need?

#Firefighter

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 216 views

What do I need to know to be a firefighter?

#Firefighter

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Oct 19, 2020 197 views

How much money do u make?

#Firefighter