7
Asked 322 views

What can I do to improve my To Do List on my profile to achieve my ultimate goal?

I choose Stone Masonry as a job for a stepping stone towards becoming a Municipal FireFighter, Because Stone Masonry is a very physically demanding job, and as you know passing fire school and maintaining your career as a FireFighter will be in need of physical strength. What are some things I'm missing and what should I do to obtain those missing pieces?

7

1

Saviour’s Answer

Hello Isaac
It's an honorable thing wanting to be a fire fighter and helping people.
What I can advise you do to help your to-do list include

1. Visit your local fire station
2. Volunteer for some days
3.Take a tour of other fire facilities around
4. Enroll for a BLS/ACLS course

It's really great you're choosing to be a first responder... Blessings
1
0

Heather’s Answer

Hello Isaac,
Here are my suggestions:
1. Ask to job shadow or do an informational interview with a firefighter in your community.
2. CPR certification
3. Are you able to get license to be a EMT/paramedic?
4. Have a clean driving/criminal record
5. If you like the water, how about become a certified lifeguard?
6. Contact your local community/technical college about a two - year degree program or apprenticeship.

Good luck to you!
0
0

Edison’s Answer

Hello Isaac;

Although you can can obtain physical strength by conditioning your body at a local gym! Or strength conditioning training facility- I love how you have chosen masonry work- it shows practical application- please also consider a strength conditioning program at your local technical school or university for Fire Science accelerated EMT program. (Possibly free /sponsored by your local community)

As far as pre-training for a fire fighter career, there are some accessible choices at your local Fire Department- there is a safety and emergency evacuation training you can start there- along with an accelerated EMT/CPR-First Aid- programs- these are available at your local community college or public university- some you may have to pay- for an accelerated course (EMT training pre-requisite) it’s also a very good idea to visit your local fire station (bring baked goods they love and appreciate sweets) and introduce yourself, tell them about your career goal and choice-

I just had the Fire Department Community development and fire safety train my whole staff of fire safety- emergency evacuation and active shooter training- trained everyone on first aid and CPR- something required nowadays in larger companies-

Best of luck on your endeavor! Thank you for choosing a career as a first responder to save lives! Blessings!

Edison recommends the following next steps:

Visit or call your local fire department
Ask Fire dept. to spend a day or so as a trainee
Take a tour of fire facility
Thank you comment icon Thank you so much, Edison! Isaac
0