Career Questions tagged Part Time

Diamond M.’s Avatar
Diamond M. Aug 29, 2018 130 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 158 views

How long do internships last?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#internships #interning #part-time

Daniel Z.’s Avatar
Daniel Z. Jan 12, 2018 219 views

Is it possible to go to school full-time for a STEM-related field and work two part time jobs?

I've heard stories of super-human effort which seem nearly impossible to do, not because of lack of energy, but due to lack of time. How do some people manage to do all of that and still have time for a breather? #stem #part-time #college...

#academic-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Feb 20, 2018 290 views

Part-time jobs besides food service or retail?

I'm a college sophomore, psychology major, looking to have a more productive summer than last year (I volunteered once a week with the public library.) An internship or summer research program is my preference, but if not, I may need to resort to part-time work. I enjoyed my time at the library...

#college-jobs #summer-jobs #jobs #part-time #psychology

Alan Y.’s Avatar
Alan Y. Jan 16, 2018 249 views

Is a Graveyard shift during high school a good idea?

I got offered a job with a late night shift but I don't know if it's a good idea working so late and going to school at the same time. Will the job experience be worth it or will that kind of schedule do more harm then good? #part-time #highschool...

#work-life-balance

Leah A.’s Avatar
Leah A. Dec 18, 2017 406 views

Is it worth it to get a job only for the month of college winter break?

I am home for winter break right now and want to get a job so I am not doing anything after New Years. Applying for jobs is even harder because I can't drive and must be able to walk there and back every day I work. #job-search #online #remote-work #part-time...

#college-jobs

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 17, 2017 384 views

Should I get a part-time or university job while attending classes?

It has been something that I have been questioning since I started at university. I know that I need a greater amount of experience than I have currently, and in getting a job, I will have more funds. Which is just a touch important. On the other side, a part-time job may not be in the field of...

#jobs-for-college-students #university #part-time #work-life-balance

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. Jun 30, 2017 717 views

How do I qualify to work as a Barista?

Hello, I am curious about getting a part-time job working as a Barista but my only concern is that I have never worked in a coffee shop before. What kind of skills would I need to be considered for this position if I were to apply? And how could I learn them? Appreciate any feedback you could...

#personal-development #part-time #career-details #communication-skills #barista

ye F.’s Avatar
ye F. May 30, 2017 438 views

If I want to earn some money at summer holiday but my English is pretty horrible, what should I do?

I don't need some thing like career plan,I just need some simple suggestions. #language...

#part-time

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 670 views

What are the most common interview questions for a part-time job?

I'm looking for a part-time job #interviews #interviewing-skills #part-time...

#interviewing

Deema Z.’s Avatar
Deema Z. Oct 25, 2016 551 views

How to balance school and work?

I might start working soon and worried about how to balance both school and work at the same time. I am usually great with time management and finishing tasks in a timely manner or on time. For some weird reason, i am a bit worried. #time-management...

#part-time

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. Sep 16, 2016 781 views
Wenge X.’s Avatar
Wenge X. Aug 13, 2016 484 views

Should uni student start a nigh shift full-time job or normal part time job?

I'm a full time student, but wanna try some related jobs to gain experience. I can only find full-time at this moment. I'm not available on the day time, so I'm thinking about the nigh shift full-time jobs, is this ok? Any suggestion for me, to take night shift full time jobs or part time?...

#college-jobs #part-time #student-development

Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Jun 21, 2016 395 views

When is the optimal time to apply for a summer job?

I'm wondering if there's still enough time for me to apply for a job this summer. I have to go back to college in September, so I'd only have July and August to work. Is that enough time to get hired, be trained and hold a job? #jobs #work #hiring #employment #summer-jobs #part-time...

#employee-training #job-applications

Sydney R.’s Avatar
Sydney R. Jun 21, 2016 3326 views

What do you put on your resume when you've never had a job before?

I want to apply for jobs, but I don't know how to market myself since I don't have any previous job experience. I'm just looking for a part-time job since I'm in college. #jobs #resume...

#part-time

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jun 02, 2016 665 views

How important is having a job in college admissions?

I have a part-time job while in high school and I was wondering if it would improve my college application. #college #job #application #part-time...

#occupation

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 22, 2016 429 views

What types of careers can a student with an anthropology degree look into?

Looking for a job or career path to venture into with a bachelors degree in anthropology #jobs #sociology #anthropology #part-time...

#full-time

Allie G.’s Avatar
Allie G. May 17, 2016 535 views

Summer job options that would look good for my future career?

I would like to someday be a High School English Teacher. I'm a Junior in high school, and I was wondering if there were any summer/part-time jobs that would help me in my future career. I babysit some, and I also work in a restaurant on the weekends. #education #jobs #english #summer...

#part-time

Alexis R.’s Avatar
Alexis R. May 09, 2016 555 views

What job is there for a undergraduate student pursuing to become a registered nurse?

I am submitting this question to have knowledge on opportunities for work that also benefit my education. #nursing #finance #career-choice #major #experience...

#part-time