Is it worth it to get a job only for the month of college winter break?

I am home for winter break right now and want to get a job so I am not doing anything after New Years. Applying for jobs is even harder because I can't drive and must be able to walk there and back every day I work.

#job-search #online #remote-work #part-time #college-jobs

Win’s Answer

Updated Minneapolis, Minnesota
Depending on what types of work you are interested in doing, there are several local and remote internships and volunteer opportunities. VolunteerMatch and Internships.com are good resources for finding potential opportunities. Even if unpaid, such roles can offer valuable experiences. Other job boards (e.g., LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, SimplyHired, Google Careers, AngelList) often also provide internship opportunities, although many will last for longer than just winter break. I would also say that there can be a lot of value in giving yourself a break to recharge and enjoy other aspects of life beyond work/school/your career. Relax, enjoy activities and people you may not have had the time for during school, find a new hobby, explore an interest, try doing something you've never done before or are afraid of doing. Your career can afford you a lot in life - a sense of meaning and purpose, a means of income, a way to express your talents and passions, a means of improving the world - but life has other things to offer too. There will be few times in your life when you have this much free time to experience it all! #work-life-balance

Courtney’s Answer

Updated Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Leah, Happy Holidays ! When I was in college, one of my jobs was at the grocery store. It was a large chain so the managers would allow me to be "borrowed" when I went home for the holidays. So try something like that. Also, as far as interviews go, let the employer know your distance if you are close. Also let them know you are available on weekends or some nights. If you are open to the unpopular shifts, let them know as well. Best Wishes #winterbreak #jobs #college