Career Questions tagged Culture

Donovan C.’s Avatar
Donovan C. Jan 19, 2018 514 views

What is the biggest obstacle in today's culture for the students who are actively pursuing a degree in women's studies?

I just want to know what is the hardest part, or the biggest cultural roadblock for the students who are pursuing a degree in Women's Studies. #womens-studies #culture #today...

#women

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 282 views

Is anthropology a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#anthropology #social-science #college-major #culture

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. May 12, 2018 353 views

How can international students deal with cultural shock?

I am an international student who plans to study a bachelor's degree at the United States. I have heard that many other international students have had troubles when facing cultural shock. Therefore, I would like to know how can it be handled effectively. #college #college-advice...

#international-student #bachelorsdegree #international-students #culture

Samuel P.’s Avatar
Samuel P. Jan 16, 2018 308 views

Why is anthropology important for us, and why should be apply it to society?

I am asking this question because there are many individuals who might misunderstand the term of anthropology. #anthropology...

#culture

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Jan 12, 2018 250 views

what does a normal day of work look like as an Anthropologist?

I’m in 9th grade, and I’ve always loved the concept of Anthropology, but was never really sure what the actual career looked like. #anthropologist #anthropology #human...

#culture

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 06, 2017 550 views

What are some possible occupations that involve cultural preservation?

I recently graduated with a degree in Sociology/Anthropology (that's one major) and currently live in Japan. Living in Japan has given me many opportunities to visit sites of cultural and historical importance. I've always been fascinated by the history of each place and have thought of...

#anthropology #history #world #sociology #culture

Roger Kyle S.’s Avatar
Roger Kyle S. Feb 23, 2017 570 views

What are some professional career that relate to traveling around the world and documenting other culture?

I like to travel and I want to experience other culture. I also want to learn about different types of medicine used in different culture. #travel...

#culture

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 27, 2016 543 views

What are some career options for a recent college graduate with an anthropology degree?

After studying cultural anthropology in college for interest, it is time to face the reality - to find a job with such broad subject. I am desperate to look for jobs relating to my major, but have no clues in how I can do that. It would be great if I can get some advice on that. Thanks!...

#anthropology #career-counseling #job-search #culture #hiring

Eleni P.’s Avatar
Eleni P. May 20, 2016 707 views

What kind of careers would allow me to travel internationally on business?

I love to travel, learn new languages, and experience other cultures. I have searched for jobs that would involve regular travel but am having a hard time finding a degree program that would open up such opportunities and allow financial stability. #travel #international #international-affairs...

#culture

Mary P.’s Avatar
Mary P. Apr 01, 2014 970 views