Career Questions tagged Culture

Donovan C.’s Avatar
Donovan C. Jan 19, 2018 964 views

What is the biggest obstacle in today's culture for the students who are actively pursuing a degree in women's studies?

I just want to know what is the hardest part, or the biggest cultural roadblock for the students who are pursuing a degree in Women's Studies. Womens-studies culture today...

women

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 402 views

Is anthropology a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

social-science college-major culture anthropology

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. May 12, 2018 472 views

How can international students deal with cultural shock?

I am an international student who plans to study a bachelor's degree at the United States. I have heard that many other international students have had troubles when facing cultural shock. Therefore, I would like to know how can it be handled effectively. college college-advice...

bachelorsdegree international-students culture international-student

Samuel P.’s Avatar
Samuel P. Jan 16, 2018 424 views

Why is anthropology important for us, and why should be apply it to society?

I am asking this question because there are many individuals who might misunderstand the term of anthropology. anthropology...

culture

Grace C.’s Avatar
Grace C. Jan 12, 2018 338 views

what does a normal day of work look like as an Anthropologist?

I’m in 9th grade, and I’ve always loved the concept of Anthropology, but was never really sure what the actual career looked like. anthropologist anthropology human...

culture

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 06, 2017 683 views

What are some possible occupations that involve cultural preservation?

I recently graduated with a degree in Sociology/Anthropology (that's one major) and currently live in Japan. Living in Japan has given me many opportunities to visit sites of cultural and historical importance. I've always been fascinated by the history of each place and have thought of...

sociology culture anthropology history world

Roger Kyle S.’s Avatar
Roger Kyle S. Feb 23, 2017 693 views

What are some professional career that relate to traveling around the world and documenting other culture?

I like to travel and I want to experience other culture. I also want to learn about different types of medicine used in different culture. travel...

culture

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 27, 2016 762 views

What are some career options for a recent college graduate with an anthropology degree?

After studying cultural anthropology in college for interest, it is time to face the reality - to find a job with such broad subject. I am desperate to look for jobs relating to my major, but have no clues in how I can do that. It would be great if I can get some advice on that. Thanks!...

culture anthropology job-search career-counseling hiring

Eleni P.’s Avatar
Eleni P. May 20, 2016 876 views

What kind of careers would allow me to travel internationally on business?

I love to travel, learn new languages, and experience other cultures. I have searched for jobs that would involve regular travel but am having a hard time finding a degree program that would open up such opportunities and allow financial stability. travel international international-affairs...

culture

Mary P.’s Avatar
Mary P. Apr 01, 2014 1047 views