Career Questions tagged International Students

Paulina Vanessa’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa May 12, 2018 619 views

How can international students deal with cultural shock?

I am an international student who plans to study a bachelor's degree at the United States. I have heard that many other international students have had troubles when facing cultural shock. Therefore, I would like to know how can it be handled effectively. #college #college-advice...

Aye Marie’s Avatar
Aye Marie May 22, 2016 627 views

I've got a merit based scholarship from my university but didn't receive as much in funds as I needed, is there a way to negotiate with the university for more?

It might sound greedy but I'm so blessed to have been offered a place at the school in the first place so I don't want to have to decline the offer just because money is low at the moment. Also, I'm international so a lot of the other ways to fund my education are limited (i.e- I can't apply...

Celestin’s Avatar
Celestin May 20, 2016 846 views

Safest path for international students

Hi all, I am an international student on an F-1 visa. I am aware that getting sponsored from US companies is hard, yet I am confident in my ability to get an offer. My question is: what is the next step? If I get an H-1b visa, what should I undertake next in order to be as safe as possible...