Career Questions tagged Museums

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 27 211 views

Who hires art directors?

I'm researching the art directors job

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 27 186 views

what was your first project as an art director?

I'm researching the art director job

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Apr 26 247 views

Where do art directors find jobs?

where are art director jobs most popular, and which state has the most jobs disposable?

Norah’s Avatar
Norah May 25, 2021 405 views

How competitive is the museum curator career field?

Is finding a job as a museum curator difficult because of the competitive career field? Is the job search difficult? Is the job search worth it?
#job-search #curator #museum #museums #art #fine-arts #art-history

Tiffany’s Avatar
Tiffany May 25, 2018 418 views

What are the prospects of getting a job in the museum field?

#museums #museumstudies

Elaysha’s Avatar
Elaysha Mar 15, 2018 572 views

Which would be better to work in manuscripts: a degree in Library Sciences or Museum Conservation?

I'm looking at working in manuscript preservation and translation and I'm just not sure what's going to be the best path for me. #manuscripts #Latin #library #museums

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Mar 12, 2018 815 views

Can you describe the day in the life of a museum curator?

I am a prospective history major wanting to become a museum curator or archivist. I am wondering how life is as a museum curator and what the job is like. #museums #history #career

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Jan 22, 2018 582 views

Where do you see the field of History ending up in 20 years with the influx of more technology into not only research but displays and relaying information?

I ask because I hope to work in the museum field someday as a curator and with the influx of new technology of course there will be changes in how we research and display new artifacts. #history #museums #museum-collections #educational-technology

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 08, 2017 745 views

Does having experience outside of your preferred career field do anything to you?

I do not have a lot of experience (job or otherwise) in the field that I am currently pursuing, however I do have experience in areas such as working in a museum, teaching and working in the arts (glass blowing, painting, sewing..). Is there anyway to incorporate those skills in the...

megan’s Avatar
megan Apr 04, 2017 875 views

I am thinking about double majoring in nonprofit organizations and art history. Is this a good idea?

In the future I would like to eventually work in a museum and or gallery. I would preferably like to work my way up to becoming in charge of a museum or something of that nature. I know most museums now a days are nonprofit so would teaming up majors be a smart decision? All I am for sure of...

Amanda’s Avatar
Amanda Jul 19, 2016 932 views

Can volunteer work help in the long run when it comes to a career?

I'm almost out of college and I've been trying to get a summer job with no success. I would like to do something with my time and I've read somewhere that volunteering is great, especially if its related to your degree. For me, I'm majoring in Art and Design and I've already set up applications...

Tirsana ’s Avatar
Tirsana Jul 13, 2016 893 views

What are some common interview questions that one can expect?

As a college student whose looking into job interviews in a couple of years, I really want to familiarize myself to the process. #business #anthropology #museums

seth’s Avatar
seth Jun 20, 2016 500 views

what job can i get with bachelors in history?

im a sophomore in college and major in history and was looking around to see what jobs i can do right after college. i do plan on becoming a teacher but would like to find a another job to do before i settle into a teaching job.i have look at jobs at museums. #teacher #museums

Alyssa’s Avatar
Alyssa May 15, 2016 709 views

What types of careers can I obtained with a degree in Anthropology?

I will be graduating in a year, and have no idea what types of jobs are out there. I've done the research. #research #communications #anthropology #museums

Joshua’s Avatar
Joshua Mar 24, 2015 867 views

I'm interested in becoming a curator after college and wanted to know if the salary for this specific career is decreasing as years go on or at a constant or increasing.

Just wanted to know. #art #history #museums #curator

Jazzmin’s Avatar
Jazzmin Mar 18, 2015 904 views

What steps would I have to take to become a museum curator?

Hi! I am a high school senior, who plans to major in history. I am very interested in becoming a museum curator, and I am curious as to how to become one. #museums #museum-education

Jazzmin’s Avatar
Jazzmin Mar 18, 2015 1985 views

What does a typical day for a museum curator/manager look like?

Hi! I am a high school senior and I want to major in history in college. I am interested in becoming a museum curator and I am interested in every aspect of the career itself. #history #museums #museum-education