Career Questions tagged Museums

Tiffany B.’s Avatar
Tiffany B. May 25, 2018 197 views
Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 313 views

Which would be better to work in manuscripts: a degree in Library Sciences or Museum Conservation?

I'm looking at working in manuscript preservation and translation and I'm just not sure what's going to be the best path for me. #manuscripts #latin #library...

#museums

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Mar 12, 2018 295 views

Can you describe the day in the life of a museum curator?

I am a prospective history major wanting to become a museum curator or archivist. I am wondering how life is as a museum curator and what the job is like. #museums #history...

#career

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jan 22, 2018 374 views

Where do you see the field of History ending up in 20 years with the influx of more technology into not only research but displays and relaying information?

I ask because I hope to work in the museum field someday as a curator and with the influx of new technology of course there will be changes in how we research and display new artifacts. #history #museums #museum-collections...

#educational-technology

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 460 views

Does having experience outside of your preferred career field do anything to you?

I do not have a lot of experience (job or otherwise) in the field that I am currently pursuing, however I do have experience in areas such as working in a museum, teaching and working in the arts (glass blowing, painting, sewing..). Is there anyway to incorporate those skills in the...

#experience #art #resume-writing #museums #environmental-science

megan S.’s Avatar
megan S. Apr 04, 2017 616 views

I am thinking about double majoring in nonprofit organizations and art history. Is this a good idea?

In the future I would like to eventually work in a museum and or gallery. I would preferably like to work my way up to becoming in charge of a museum or something of that nature. I know most museums now a days are nonprofit so would teaming up majors be a smart decision? All I am for sure of...

#college-major #nonprofits #galleries #college #art-history #art #museums

Amanda V.’s Avatar
Amanda V. Jul 19, 2016 677 views

Can volunteer work help in the long run when it comes to a career?

I'm almost out of college and I've been trying to get a summer job with no success. I would like to do something with my time and I've read somewhere that volunteering is great, especially if its related to your degree. For me, I'm majoring in Art and Design and I've already set up applications...

#arts-and-crafts #volunteering #museums

Tirsana  P.’s Avatar
Tirsana P. Jul 13, 2016 665 views

What are some common interview questions that one can expect?

As a college student whose looking into job interviews in a couple of years, I really want to familiarize myself to the process. #business #anthropology...

#museums

seth W.’s Avatar
seth W. Jun 20, 2016 326 views

what job can i get with bachelors in history?

im a sophomore in college and major in history and was looking around to see what jobs i can do right after college. i do plan on becoming a teacher but would like to find a another job to do before i settle into a teaching job.i have look at jobs at museums. #teacher...

#museums

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 15, 2016 488 views

What types of careers can I obtained with a degree in Anthropology?

I will be graduating in a year, and have no idea what types of jobs are out there. I've done the research. #research #communications #anthropology...

#museums

Jazzmin P.’s Avatar
Jazzmin P. Mar 18, 2015 712 views

What steps would I have to take to become a museum curator?

Hi! I am a high school senior, who plans to major in history. I am very interested in becoming a museum curator, and I am curious as to how to become one. #museums...

#museum-education

Jazzmin P.’s Avatar
Jazzmin P. Mar 18, 2015 1489 views

What does a typical day for a museum curator/manager look like?

Hi! I am a high school senior and I want to major in history in college. I am interested in becoming a museum curator and I am interested in every aspect of the career itself. #history #museums...

#museum-education