Career Questions tagged Talent Recruiting

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 647 views

What are the key words employers look forward on a persons resume?

I am applying to positions, but have had recruiters make comments to my resume as not being as a highlight to employers, mostly I present myself as a doer and not an achiever. I just want to know what are some things I can do to improve my chances at obtaining a job, I mean I haven't even...

#job-application #talent-recruiting #human-resources #recruiting

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 436 views

What is the best way to present yourself in a resume if you have a mentaI diagnosis which previously inhibited your loyalty to a company and you jumped from job to job?

I had a very difficult time staying at one job because I could not focus on my work and actually needed to multiple things at one time to keep myself in check. I was a great multi-tasker, but the job would soon bore me and I would not be able to do it without feeling severe anxiety. I only...

#job-application #government #human-resources #legal-services #talent-recruiting

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 676 views

How do you you sell yourself on a resume if it looks a bit jumpy?

I spent my twenties sort of jumping from job to job, the longest being 2 1/2 years. My final position was a farce because the amount of money I was supposed to make was a lie and the people who made the job agreement were "let go." Anyhow, I decided to take a little break and ended up moving...

#job-application #talent-recruiting #hiring #human-resources

montessa E.’s Avatar
montessa E. Mar 02, 2017 448 views

When it comes to selecting a candidate are there any potential warning signs that signal they might not be a good fit?

My instructor did a role-play with another instructor on how to conduct an interview. The class ran out of time, we weren't able to go over the warning signs. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a "bad" interviewee. #human-resources #talent-recruiting...

#talent-acquisition

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 19, 2017 463 views

I am very new in my new career (I am changing it at 40). My networking is really involving only one company. How do I expand my network to get more job opportunities that are not necessarily in my field of choice, but will benefit?

I have a lot of paralegal experience, just from earning my B.A. I would like to advance into Homeland Security, but I am finding it hard to meet the job qualifications for a position in this field because of my age and my inability to join the Army or other national force. Was my education...

#government #age-in-the-workplace #human-resources #homeland-security #talent-recruiting #disabilities

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Feb 04, 2017 657 views

What aspects on a college's resume can stand out to employers for internships?

Currently a freshman in college, I am wondering what activities I should be pursuing to appeal more to employers for internships recruitment. Are there some activities that are more heavily weighed than others? #resume #college-jobs #job-coaching #recruiting #resume-writing #college-recruiting...

#talent-recruiting