Each Company has there own requirements for candidates in their internship program. So it is difficult to really say what to put on your resume that will help. But fortunately there are several things that you can state on that resume that will help you attain the one that you want. Here are some suggestions:
1. Make sure that you stress any classes that you have taken that would enhance your chances for that certain internship and would help you to attain the job that you want. For instance, if you want to major in business and your desire is to start you own business or work in the business area, make sure that you are taking those appropriate business courses like marketing, public relations, economics, finance or accounting, Human resource etc.
2. Try and find a certain group or business oriented fraternity or club that might offer some hands on projects in which you can receive some experience that will help in your career choice. The more knowledge and experience that you can show on your resume will relate to you career choice and bring knowledge to the company your are interviewing with, will be very helpful to both you and the company.
3. Get some working experience in a company while you are still in school. A part time job or volunteer job in one of the college offices in which you learn to us computer programs, fax and other technology that would help show your talents and knowledge on your resume. along with that go might want to upgrade your computer classes, because in the business area you will need to use the computer frequently.
4. Find a group, club or after school activity such as participating in the school newspaper, athletics, computer club, and if you can offer to be an officer of that particular club or group that you are interesting. This is a great opportunity to get the leadership skill that many must have when they are looking for an internship and it shows that you have other skills such as organization, speaking, and leadership which will also give you a head up from the other candidates you will be up against.
5. ( A Short Story) My Friend was a finance major and in his junior year of college, his teacher of one of his business classes sent him a letter asking him to be a part of there internship program in which was organized thru the school. at first, he was sure because of the extra work required for this program. Finally after everyone suggested that he should pursue this and that it would look really good on his resume for the upcoming year when he would be looking for that job. He did take the course and put it on his resume as a job experience and internship program. He was finally interviewing and came upon many graduates doing the same thing. After he got this first job he found out that this particular internship actually helped him get this job, because no other candidate had the experience that he had.
A few last words: Experience, Knowledge, Persistence, and Abilities will give you the means to create a very good resume needed for that first job. Please follow the advice given and you will attain goal you desire. I know you will get to your internship goal if you just follow some of the suggestions written above.
I wish you the best in the future and never give up!!