Career Questions tagged Age In The Workplace

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 18, 2016 307 views

Would it be recommended for someone not to graduate early because of their degree?

If I were to graduate early (studying education), I would be teaching as a 19 year old. Would anyone respect me in the work place or hire me? #teaching #education #graduating #age...

#age-in-the-workplace

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 19, 2017 511 views

I am very new in my new career (I am changing it at 40). My networking is really involving only one company. How do I expand my network to get more job opportunities that are not necessarily in my field of choice, but will benefit?

I have a lot of paralegal experience, just from earning my B.A. I would like to advance into Homeland Security, but I am finding it hard to meet the job qualifications for a position in this field because of my age and my inability to join the Army or other national force. Was my education...

#government #talent-recruiting #homeland-security #age-in-the-workplace #disabilities #human-resources