Career Questions tagged Recruitment

Joan B.’s Avatar
Joan B. Oct 19 529 views

What is the difference between talent acquisition and recruitment?

Hello, What are the core differences between talent acquisition and recruitment? What are the pro's and cons? Also, how does it play into Human Resources? Thank you in advance!! (: talent-acquisition recruitment recruiting human-resources...

hr

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 418 views

Which universities do major publishing houses recruit from?

Alternately, in what states/regions (besides New York) do publishing houses have a strong presence? In exploring my college options, I either want to set myself up to be at the 'right school' or in a prime location to seek employment as an editor. publishing college recruitment recruit...

editor editing

Trevor C.’s Avatar
Trevor C. Jan 16, 2018 972 views

Why don’t colleges support extreme sports?

The skateboarding and surfing industry is expanding endlessly, and almost all colleges continue to support team sports, while starting a Surf team is difficult at most universities. Skateboarding and surfing will be in the olympics soon as well. sports skateboarding surfing athletics...

college-athletics college-recruiting recruitment

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Feb 04, 2017 803 views

How should I prepare myself for a first job? How do I organize my resume, if I'm a minor, preparing to apply for my first job?

As of a month ago, I officially turned 16, which has given me a broader base of jobs to go after and apply for. I'd like to start applying for jobs, and hopefully, work a steady job before I turn 17, so I can develop my resume history and work-place skills. But all the jobs near me require...

personal-development resume-writing recruitment beginner job-search teenagers job-application

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Jan 27, 2017 838 views

In building my resume, what characteristics are most important?

Just want to know if I should be focusing on research, internships, volunteer opportunities or certifications? career career-counseling career-choice resume recruiting resume-writing recruitment...

job-application

Carmen Y.’s Avatar
Carmen Y. Apr 10, 2017 672 views

How can I get better at navigating career fairs?

As a shy person, I find it hard to get noticed at career fairs. What can I do to overcome this obstacle? recruiting personal-development...

recruitment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 687 views

My mother says I synthesize material very well. How can I benefit from this awkward positivity?

I think the question says it all. I can take a number of random things and start interconnecting them to one another and adding additional information because its just how my mind works. There are so many ways to about solving a problem. research reading recruitment...

enrichment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 564 views

What's sorts of jobs should I be looking for if I just received my Masters in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security?

I want to know what terms or words I should be looking towards to obtain a career in my new field. I don't care if its government or a company or even a social impact group because I would get the chance to help people also while getting some sort of experience in my field. Especially, when I...

government recruitment social criminal-justice

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 746 views

Is it worth paying a decent amount of money to participate in a job fair?

I have an opportunity to attend a job fair, but for one day, the amount seems to be a little extreme. I just wanted to know are these expenses worth it considering the connections one may make. Especially when the job fair is Women in Aviation and my Master's degree is in Criminal Justice in...

human-resources cyber-security recruitment aviation government

shirley K.’s Avatar
shirley K. Feb 08, 2017 515 views

what can you do with a forensic degree if you do not manage to get a forensic job?

its really hard to get forensic related jobs die to the closure of the Birmingham forensic services and most forensic jobs require experience of which the majority of university leavers will not have. forensic recruiting...

recruitment

aakhash G.’s Avatar
aakhash G. Jan 17, 2017 730 views

What are the best ways to get noted and recognized by professors?

I'm going to start college this year and I wonder about the best ways to get noticed and build report with the faculty and potential recruiters or interviewers for college jobs and internships? What are things to do and things to avoid? college job-search leadership college-bound...

college-jobs recruitment