Career Questions tagged Recruitment

Faith E.’s Avatar
Faith E. Aug 03, 2018 281 views

Which universities do major publishing houses recruit from?

Alternately, in what states/regions (besides New York) do publishing houses have a strong presence? In exploring my college options, I either want to set myself up to be at the 'right school' or in a prime location to seek employment as an editor. #publishing #college #recruitment #recruit...

#editor #editing

Trevor C.’s Avatar
Trevor C. Jan 16, 2018 703 views

Why don’t colleges support extreme sports?

The skateboarding and surfing industry is expanding endlessly, and almost all colleges continue to support team sports, while starting a Surf team is difficult at most universities. Skateboarding and surfing will be in the olympics soon as well. #sports #skateboarding #surfing #athletics...

#recruitment #college-athletics #college-recruiting

Adriana L.’s Avatar
Adriana L. Feb 04, 2017 683 views

How should I prepare myself for a first job? How do I organize my resume, if I'm a minor, preparing to apply for my first job?

As of a month ago, I officially turned 16, which has given me a broader base of jobs to go after and apply for. I'd like to start applying for jobs, and hopefully, work a steady job before I turn 17, so I can develop my resume history and work-place skills. But all the jobs near me require...

#job-search #personal-development #resume-writing #recruitment #beginner #job-application #teenagers

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Jan 27, 2017 722 views

In building my resume, what characteristics are most important?

Just want to know if I should be focusing on research, internships, volunteer opportunities or certifications? #career #career-counseling #career-choice #resume #recruiting #resume-writing #recruitment...

#job-application

Carmen Y.’s Avatar
Carmen Y. Apr 10, 2017 569 views

How can I get better at navigating career fairs?

As a shy person, I find it hard to get noticed at career fairs. What can I do to overcome this obstacle? #recruiting #personal-development...

#recruitment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 592 views

My mother says I synthesize material very well. How can I benefit from this awkward positivity?

I think the question says it all. I can take a number of random things and start interconnecting them to one another and adding additional information because its just how my mind works. There are so many ways to about solving a problem. #research #reading #recruitment...

#enrichment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 500 views

What's sorts of jobs should I be looking for if I just received my Masters in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security?

I want to know what terms or words I should be looking towards to obtain a career in my new field. I don't care if its government or a company or even a social impact group because I would get the chance to help people also while getting some sort of experience in my field. Especially, when I...

#criminal-justice #social #government #recruitment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 625 views

Is it worth paying a decent amount of money to participate in a job fair?

I have an opportunity to attend a job fair, but for one day, the amount seems to be a little extreme. I just wanted to know are these expenses worth it considering the connections one may make. Especially when the job fair is Women in Aviation and my Master's degree is in Criminal Justice in...

#cyber-security #government #human-resources #recruitment #aviation

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 16, 2017 708 views
shirley K.’s Avatar
shirley K. Feb 08, 2017 459 views

what can you do with a forensic degree if you do not manage to get a forensic job?

its really hard to get forensic related jobs die to the closure of the Birmingham forensic services and most forensic jobs require experience of which the majority of university leavers will not have. #forensic #recruiting...

#recruitment

aakhash G.’s Avatar
aakhash G. Jan 17, 2017 612 views

What are the best ways to get noted and recognized by professors?

I'm going to start college this year and I wonder about the best ways to get noticed and build report with the faculty and potential recruiters or interviewers for college jobs and internships? What are things to do and things to avoid? #college #job-search #leadership #college-bound...

#recruitment #college-jobs