Melissa A.

716

20

Is it worth paying a decent amount of money to participate in a job fair?

I have an opportunity to attend a job fair, but for one day, the amount seems to be a little extreme. I just wanted to know are these expenses worth it considering the connections one may make. Especially when the job fair is Women in Aviation and my Master's degree is in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security. #human-resources #aviation #government #cyber-security #recruitment

Melissa,

What type of job fair is this? If it brings employers and applicants together, they don't charge the jobseekers. If it's a training seminar, you really need to research it to determine if it's worth the cost.

A Master's in criminal justice in homeland security should be a slam dunk for you in the job market. I'm surprised you haven't been recruited already.

Jeff

Last updated Feb 19 at 09:41

1 comment

I would be suspicious of any job fairs that require you to pay to attend. Most job fairs are generally free unless the organizers offer additional services like resume reviews or mock interviews.

Last updated Feb 19 at 07:54

1 comment

I would not waste my money or time. With many companies and the Federal Government seeking individuals with your background I don't think you would have problems finding a job. Also make a search on www.usajobs.gov for your line of business, many agencies look for individuals with your skills and education.

Last updated Feb 21 at 09:03

Fair jobs are always free. You don't need to pay nothing to attend one.

Last updated Feb 23 at 21:51

icon-country-tags Ashburn, VA, USA

Schools Add a schools