Career Questions tagged Communitycollege

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Sep 20, 2018

Will a 2-year degree limit me in the culinary arts field?

I've decided to major in culinary arts at a 2 year school. I know trade-like programs are often 2 years long and fare well, but culinary arts seems to go both ways, 2 years or 4. Here in Maine, there simply aren't any 4 year culinary arts programs, although I've considered transferring to a...

#cooking #communitycollege #chef #college #culinary-arts

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jun 15, 2018

Should I go to college if I don't know what to do with what I've studied?

I'd like to go to community college and study business and psychology, but I'm not sure what I'd do with what I've learned. I don't like the idea of becoming a therapist of any kind or a business owner. I have no interest in going to a 4 year college unless what I want to do calls for it. Is...

#business #communitycollege #psychology #community-college

Austin V.’s Avatar
Austin V. Jan 17, 2018

Why isn't there a fast track program for all majors?

I am a photography major and I went to Loyola University for my first two years and decided to move home to finish an Associates degree. I moved home mainly because of my money situation. I hoped that by finishing my associates I would be able to find a job that I would like to turn into a...

#fasttrack #loyola #college-advice #undergrad #art #expensive #camera #communitycollege #photography

Mariya P.’s Avatar
Mariya P. Jan 17, 2018

Are you bound to a future of low income if your current financial situation limits your college options?

Growing up, I was the daughter of a single mother. Our financial situation could be classified as the grey area between poverty and lower middle class. Now, as I embark onto University life, my parents cannot financially support me. This leaves me choosing between community college and in state...

#financial #instate #financial-aid #ivyleague #communitycollege #education #lowincome #dreams #tuition #journalism #university

Nabeeha K.’s Avatar
Nabeeha K. Jan 17, 2018

How can I have an easy transition from a community college to a 4-year university?

I plan on transferring to an undecided four year University and am scared that the transition will be tough on me. Is there any way I can ensure that I will be able to thrive in and enjoy my new environment? #communitycollege #transfer #college-transfer #transition #social #mental-health...

#budgeting