Career Questions tagged Applying

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha Mar 23, 2022 207 views

I'd like to know exactly how I can apply to a business office firm? How exactly would I conduct an informational interview?

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Apr 19, 2021 402 views

What things should be considered in choosing the college or university you are going into?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Apr 05, 2021 735 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

Gabriela’s Avatar
Gabriela Aug 31, 2018 665 views

If I’m sure that I am going to attend a community college because there is no way I can afford a University without scholarships covering most or all of my tuition, should I still apply to universities incase I am lucky enough to receive scholarships that will cover all of my tuition? Or is it best to only apply to a community college?

#highschoolsenior #applying #scholarships #communitycollege

Ronald’s Avatar
Ronald Aug 30, 2018 570 views

I am confused

I am a senior, my GPA(weighted) is a 3.5, but I have one disadvantage for me applying for college. Which is my SAT score(1050) and me not being involved in extra out of school activities.I have taken honors classes throughout my whole high school career, but this year I am joining Volunteer...

Natalie’s Avatar
Natalie Aug 21, 2018 474 views

There are so many websites where you are given the opportunity to apply for scholarships, but the majority of them involve having to spend 20mins creating an account with every single website in order to start applying and most of them don't even apply to me after I've created my account. Is there a specific website or place where I can look for the best scholarships where there are hundreds of different types?

#scholarships #variety #websites #applying

Brian’s Avatar
Brian Aug 21, 2018 447 views

How many colleges should I be applying to?

I have about 4 on my list I believe I have a chance of getting into. Others I don't believe I can get in, or I just don't know of any other colleges. How can I research other colleges, I don't even know where to begin. #college #applying

Aayushya’s Avatar
Aayushya Aug 16, 2018 490 views

would applying early action be helpful? Or should i just apply regular decision?

#college #admissions #applying

Mireia’s Avatar
Mireia Jan 17, 2018 11497 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

Ariel’s Avatar
Ariel Jan 16, 2018 815 views

What are the defining factors colleges look for when applying to college?

When looking at colleges, they show the GPA and SAT scores that are required and that’s all. Some will say they look for how involved you are in school and your community. I just want a clear statement of what most colleges want to see from me. #applying #requirements-management #college...

Tess’s Avatar
Tess Jan 14, 2018 583 views

Is it bad if I am only considering colleges that have my sport in division 1?

I love my sport and it is a huge stress reliever for me, causing me to only consider schools with great teams. Usually people make sure their major has a great program at the school and THEN sports/hobbies, but I am doing it backwards. Is that okay as long as my college has my major too? #sport...

Steven’s Avatar
Steven Apr 01, 2017 965 views

Should i only take marketing internship for a marketing major?

I am currently majoring in Marketing. I am planning to do summer internships. Should i apply for other types of internships (like finance or sales) other than marketing? or should i just stick to marketing internships? If i should apply for others, what internship should i apply for that would...

Armine’s Avatar
Armine Feb 07, 2017 756 views

How can you apply for internships as a college freshman?

Hi, I am graduating high school this year and I wanted to apply for some internships at companies and/or hospitals. I would love to find out about some internships and how I can apply for them. #college #business #career #internships #entrepreneurship #job-search #college-jobs #applying

Jeffery’s Avatar
Jeffery Oct 21, 2016 778 views

How many Colleges should one apply to?

Some people apply to a lot of colleges while others apply to just one. What's the difference? #college #college-admissions #applying

Cristian’s Avatar
Cristian May 23, 2016 1148 views

Do Latinos have a less chance of getting a job?

Im a chemical engineering student in my senior year. Also, I'm a Mexican living in southern California. It seems that in most white collar professions are dominated by white people. No offense intended. But, does being latino lower the chances of you getting hired? #engineer #job #hire...

Cristian’s Avatar
Cristian May 23, 2016 936 views

When getting/applying for a job, does being good-looking help you on getting hired?

I'm a chemical engineering student in my senior year. In engineering, most guys in engineering don't really care about their appearance but they are definitely very intelligent. Aside from surviving the classes, I'm very physically active and i like to dress very clean. I want to know if all of...