Career Questions tagged Applying

Ronald W.’s Avatar
Ronald W. Aug 30, 2018 226 views

I am confused

I am a senior, my GPA(weighted) is a 3.5, but I have one disadvantage for me applying for college. Which is my SAT score(1050) and me not being involved in extra out of school activities.I have taken honors classes throughout my whole high school career, but this year I am joining Volunteer...

#high-school #college #applying

Brian T.’s Avatar
Brian T. Aug 21, 2018 174 views

How many colleges should I be applying to?

I have about 4 on my list I believe I have a chance of getting into. Others I don't believe I can get in, or I just don't know of any other colleges. How can I research other colleges, I don't even know where to begin. #college...

#applying

Ariel N.’s Avatar
Ariel N. Jan 16, 2018 306 views

What are the defining factors colleges look for when applying to college?

When looking at colleges, they show the GPA and SAT scores that are required and that’s all. Some will say they look for how involved you are in school and your community. I just want a clear statement of what most colleges want to see from me. #applying #requirements-management #college...

#gpa #college-admissions #sat

Tess J.’s Avatar
Tess J. Jan 14, 2018 286 views

Is it bad if I am only considering colleges that have my sport in division 1?

I love my sport and it is a huge stress reliever for me, causing me to only consider schools with great teams. Usually people make sure their major has a great program at the school and THEN sports/hobbies, but I am doing it backwards. Is that okay as long as my college has my major too? #sport...

#school #psychologymajor #priorities #applying

Steven G.’s Avatar
Steven G. Apr 01, 2017 685 views

Should i only take marketing internship for a marketing major?

I am currently majoring in Marketing. I am planning to do summer internships. Should i apply for other types of internships (like finance or sales) other than marketing? or should i just stick to marketing internships? If i should apply for others, what internship should i apply for that would...

#college #job-search #marketing #applying

Armine M.’s Avatar
Armine M. Feb 07, 2017 449 views

How can you apply for internships as a college freshman?

Hi, I am graduating high school this year and I wanted to apply for some internships at companies and/or hospitals. I would love to find out about some internships and how I can apply for them. #college #business #career #internships #entrepreneurship #job-search #college-jobs...

#applying

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 21, 2016 492 views

How many Colleges should one apply to?

Some people apply to a lot of colleges while others apply to just one. What's the difference? #college #college-admissions...

#applying

Cristian G.’s Avatar
Cristian G. May 23, 2016 531 views

Do Latinos have a less chance of getting a job?

Im a chemical engineering student in my senior year. Also, I'm a Mexican living in southern California. It seems that in most white collar professions are dominated by white people. No offense intended. But, does being latino lower the chances of you getting hired? #engineer #job #hire...

#applying #latino

Cristian G.’s Avatar
Cristian G. May 23, 2016 667 views

When getting/applying for a job, does being good-looking help you on getting hired?

I'm a chemical engineering student in my senior year. In engineering, most guys in engineering don't really care about their appearance but they are definitely very intelligent. Aside from surviving the classes, I'm very physically active and i like to dress very clean. I want to know if all of...

#interviews #hire #applying #fitness #exercise #engineer #job