How can you apply for internships as a college freshman?

3

Hi, I am graduating high school this year and I wanted to apply for some internships at companies and/or hospitals. I would love to find out about some internships and how I can apply for them. #college #business #career #internships #entrepreneurship #job-search #college-jobs #applying

3

Monica’s Answer

0

Hi Armine,

Here are few tips for applying for internship as a college freshman,

1. Work on your resume and make it strong.
  2. Reach out to your connections, seek advice from them.
  3. Build your network through various professional events, career events or through LinkedIn.
  4. Build strong bonds with professors.
  5. Prepare will for the interviews
  6. Be persistent

Hope you find these tips helpful. All the best !!

Thanks !

0

Ken’s Answer

0

Hi Armine!

You asked a very interesting and important question. Missing is some important information. such as your intended major and your intended college which you will attend next year. This would be very helpful to know; however, without that, here is some helpful information.

Here is a helpful story. During my daughter's senior year in high school, the highlight was to be a 3 month internship. Everyone submitted their request, except one girl. This girl wanted an internship with an EMS unit, so she contacted the local EMS unit and arranged with that unit and her school to create her own internship. She ended up being the one who got maximum benefit and enjoyment from the experience. My daughter's and many of the others experiences fell way short of expectations.

Let me know if and how this helps. Best of luck. Keep me posted. I would like to follow your progress.

0