Career Questions tagged Priorities

Mary R.’s Avatar
Mary R. Jan 22, 2018 393 views

What advice do you have for writers who do not have writing as their full-time job?

I have always loved books and stories, and writing is one of the biggest things that I want to "do" in my life. However, I know that it is not practical to assume that as soon as I graduate college, I will publish a best-selling novel and be set for life. I am definitely prepared to get a...

#day-job #creative #priorities #writing

Tess J.’s Avatar
Tess J. Jan 14, 2018 317 views

Is it bad if I am only considering colleges that have my sport in division 1?

I love my sport and it is a huge stress reliever for me, causing me to only consider schools with great teams. Usually people make sure their major has a great program at the school and THEN sports/hobbies, but I am doing it backwards. Is that okay as long as my college has my major too? #sport...

#school #priorities #psychologymajor #applying

Cody V.’s Avatar
Cody V. Jan 12, 2015 1108 views

What are some good places to find inspiration?

I am 19 and have been out of high school for a year. At first I just wanted to work for a while and get my savings account up. Now that some time has passed I find myself under pressure to make some more serious strides towards my future but I don't really seem to have much to work for. Money,...

#career-path #priorities #motivation #career-exploration

Gabby G.’s Avatar
Gabby G. Mar 11, 2014 994 views

Is it better to be college-ready or career ready?

We are talking about this but which is more important? Should one be more required than the other? It's confusing me because we are constantly told that college must be a priority but yet there are places you can get a full-time job by just passing the Work Keys test and get paid a pretty...

#college #priorities #career-paths #job #career