Do architects in San Diego have to design future houses using fire-resistant strategies because of recent wildfires?

Updated San Diego, California

I'm working on a project about being an architect in San Diego and was wondering if all of the future designs of houses need to include fire-resistant strategies in order to be built?

Thank you so much for helping me with this question. #architectural-design #architecture #california #san-diego

Jessica’s Answer

I do not live in California nor do I know the building codes, but I would expect the information to be readily available from the local codes department. Depending on how close the homes are to their neighbors, means of egress, and other determining factors, building codes can vary city to city. Different wall ratings may be required. Good luck in your search. Sorry I couldn't be more specific in my answer.

Jessica recommends the following next steps:

• Visit local building codes website or office.