Career Questions tagged Autism

Callum P.’s Avatar
Callum P. May 20 227 views

What's it like to be in Career Village?

I have autism. My life was very rough with it. I was struggling in school all these years because I mad some of my teachers mad in the past. All I want is to graduate and go to college so that I can get a job. I have my parents to support me. I sometimes like to dabble in...

technology stem arts-and-crafts

Aimee M.’s Avatar
Aimee M. Nov 22, 2019 412 views

What benefits are there to becoming a Behavior Specialist?

I am a single mom and want to return to school for the first time since graduating high school in 2005. I want to become a behavior specialist specializing in autism. school college psychology student...

autism

Laura M.’s Avatar
Laura M. Mar 16, 2018 461 views

Will the field of genetics be detrimental to my personal beliefs?

I am planning to pursue a STEM degree in either genetics or molecular-biology, but I am afraid that my field will be filled with people who are actively trying to cure autism which is not something that can be cured, but is just a different mind type with a wide range of symptoms and...

research johns-hopkins-university

Daniela O.’s Avatar
Daniela O. May 12, 2016 699 views

Are there any scholarships for students who have siblings with autism ?

I wanted to know if there were any scholarships for students that have siblings with autism. I was told that there were some but was not able to find them. college college-admissions college-bound scholarships majors college-jobs college-selection...

autism

Casey G.’s Avatar
Casey G. Dec 05, 2014 2027 views

What will a daily schedule be like for a special education teacher?

Hello I am Casey Gaffney, a junior at Boston Collegiate Charter School. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was a child. I am specifically interested in Special Education. I want to focus on Down Syndrome and Autism. I am curious about how teaching students with special disabilities...

down-syndrome special-education educator autism disabilities teacher