Career Questions tagged Women In Law

Katrina P.’s Avatar
Katrina P. Aug 04, 2018 276 views

What are the best tips to know to become an assistant district attorney?

As embarrassing as this is for me to admit, I have no idea what to do past go to a good law school to get a job like this. Is it impossible to become one after graduating from law school recently (like within three years after having graduated from law school)? I assume experience is needed...

#law-practice #women-in-law #law

Janai J.’s Avatar
Janai J. Mar 30, 2018 379 views
Justaney S.’s Avatar
Justaney S. Jan 20, 2018 398 views

Are internships a good thing to do while in high school and in college ?

My mom has some friends in the legal field and they've offered me the opportunity to intern with them so I can get "a feel" for the practice but I don't want to pick up something I might not want to do. #experiencelaw #legalintern #legal-studies #legal-services...

#women-in-law

Justaney S.’s Avatar
Justaney S. Jan 20, 2018 276 views
larisa L.’s Avatar
larisa L. Jan 16, 2018 218 views

Should I focus only on one area of Law?

I am interested in tax law, family law and very much in immigration law. I noticed that there is not a specialization for immigration law or is there? I only see tax, family, criminal, etc. Is specialization something to think about after becoming a lawyer or during my studies. Do I have to...

#women-in-law

larisa L.’s Avatar
larisa L. Jan 16, 2018 376 views

How soon can I start looking into applying for law school.

I am currently attending the university for my degree in accounting and then I want to continue into Law focusing in tax law and family/immigration law. What steps do I need to take to ensure I don't delay any apps and I don't want to have a big time gap after I receive my bachelor's....

#taxlaw #immigration-law #accounting #women-in-law

Lianna G.’s Avatar
Lianna G. Jan 16, 2018 268 views

I am considering becoming a lawyer; is there a specific field that there is a need?

I would love to practice law in a field that is up and coming!!...

#women-in-law

Lianna G.’s Avatar
Lianna G. Jan 16, 2018 232 views

#women-in-law

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 295 views

Other than samples of my writing, what is appropriate to be included in my portfolio and/or resume?

I am an adult-learner entering an entirely new field of employment. I am a paralegal student and am beginning to put together a portfolio. Samples of my writing will be included (case brief, legal memo, client letter, etc.), but I would like to know if it is appropriate for me to include...

#paralegal #paralegals #women-in-law #law #portfolio-management #resume

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 356 views

What is the best approach for a paralegal student to secure an internship in a small law firm?

I am currently a student in the Middlesex Community College, Certificate in Paralegal Studies program and will need to secure an internship for myself in the coming semester. I am in need of guidance as to the best way to get an attorney to agree to allow me to perform paralegal duties and not...

#paralegal #legal #women-in-law #law

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 293 views

What specific transferable skills will be beneficial for selling myself in an interview following completion of a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, but with no prior work experience in the field?

For an adult-learner with no prior work experience in the legal field, but completing a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, what specific life skills might I use as transferable skills both on my resume and during an interview? #paralegal #legal #law...

#women-in-law

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Jan 10, 2018 412 views

Is being a lawyer satisfactory?

I am a junior, and I am thinking about going into law and what it means to become a lawyer, so I want to know what actually is the feeling you get as you do the job you choose. #law #lawyer #female-lawyer #in-house-lawyer #job #women-in-law #criminal-justice...

#law-school

Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. Apr 18, 2017 740 views

What college(s) have the best law programs in Texas?

I'm a high school student, I'm not applying to colleges yet, but I would like a headstart so that I know what colleges to apply to. #lawyer #law-school...

#women-in-law

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Mar 01, 2016 790 views

How long is the process in becoming a Criminal Justice Lawyer?

I am a high school student and I am looking forward in becoming a lawyer. I would like to the process in becoming a lawyer and more specific a criminal justice lawyer. #law #lawyer #criminal-justice #criminal-law...

#women-in-law

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 16, 2015 1145 views

What is the distribution of men and women in the law industry?

This question was asked by Kristin in Cambridge who one day hopes to attend Harvard Law School. Her dream is to move to the Silicon Valley and work in venture capital law. #law #business-law #business-lawyer #corporate-law #venture-capital...

#women-in-law

Jazmin R.’s Avatar
Jazmin R. Mar 24, 2015 896 views

Is there anything that helped you in college prepare for becoming a lawyer?

I am a soon to be freshman in college and I want to pursue the career of a lawyer. However, I am scared because I am not sure exactally what I should study when I get to college. #lawyer #judge...

#women-in-law

Frances P.’s Avatar
Frances P. Jun 06, 2014 976 views

Is Gender and Women's Studies a course that can get me career opportunities right away?

I am currently a year 10 student who is very passionate about law (specifically how culture, tradition, and history has affected the modern legal system). I was thinking (actually my mom and I) of taking this course since my mom said that it was in demand, it suited my talents and skills, and...

#career-education #women-in-law #law