Is being a lawyer satisfactory?

1

I am a junior, and I am thinking about going into law and what it means to become a lawyer, so I want to know what actually is the feeling you get as you do the job you choose. #law #lawyer #female-lawyer #in-house-lawyer #job #women-in-law #criminal-justice #law-school

1

Phi’s Answer

0
The great thing about being a lawyer is that there is so much flexibility. You could work in the private sector if you choose (for a law firm for example), you could work in government (for the Public Defender's office for example), you could work for a non-profit, you could work in the tech industry, you could work in-house for a company, or you could work in a completely different field that does not require an attorney at all but your legal knowledge would still be utilized. I think the key to being satisfied as a lawyer or any career path is to find your niche, the niche that makes you feel like your skills are being utilized, you feel fulfilled, you are excited and interested about what you are doing, and you are challenged in a way that keeps you motivated to do more.
0

JENNA’s Answer

0
I am very satisfied with my job, overall. There are days I love it, or hate it, or it's just okay. My current career path has been very different from what I intended to do when I set out in a legal career, but I was flexible, curious and ready to try anything that was interesting. I didn't plan it this way, and there have been struggles along the way, but after over a decade, I can say that I am glad I am doing what I am doing. If you think you might like a legal career, keep those grades up, keep an open mind, and establish a relationship with your guidance counselor, they are a great resource and can help you identify options for your success.
0