What Californian colleges are the best fit to give Majors on Cinematography and Film design?

I aspire to study and eventually become a screenwriter/producer/ and cinematographer later in life. I find it best to find a wide range of cinematic horizons before I enter college and declare, or at least decide on a solid major. #film #cinematography #screenwriting #screenplay

4

Eugene’s Answer

I would recommend USC for Cinematographerphy, but UCLA for Writing. Directing, my favorite grads that usually know their stuff come from CSU Long Beach.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'l look into these colleges in the future. Hot C.

1

Mark’s Answer

Hi Hot C,
USC will be fine education for filmmaking, and UCLA will be fine for writing. Also, Pepperdine and Chapman are fine. The best training would be to work as an intern at a production company. It's voluntary now, but you might shake hands with somebody who'll offer you a contract later.

0

Jeremiah’s Answer

I recommend the Robert Rodriguez Ten Minute Film School ;)

0