Career Questions tagged Photojournalism

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Aug 30, 2018 213 views

How can I better my chances to get my dream job (environmental photojournalist)

I want to work for national geographic, but have heard that it is VERY competitive. What can set me apart and make me more appealing to them for me to achieve my dreams? #environment...

#photojournalism

Ciara G.’s Avatar
Ciara G. May 16, 2018 315 views

What kind of experience are photography magazines looking for?

I know what I want to do specifically but I am not sure what I will need for my future after college and beyond a degree. Are there any characteristics that business's are looking for? Do I need to have multiple connections in order to get a foot in the door? #futurejob #experience #nationalgeo...

#photography #art #photojournalism

Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. Jan 11, 2018 355 views

How can I find a stable/supportive job in photography or journalism?

I am a 9th grader at an arts school, and want to pursue photography and/or journalism as a career. What can I do to end up with a job that can support me financially and actually have a career path? Thanks! #photojournalism #photography #journalism #stable-job...

#career

Jazmine K.’s Avatar
Jazmine K. Jan 10, 2018 358 views

What are some tips and suggestions to becoming a professional Photographer or Videographer?

I am a junior in high school and ever since I was little I had been interested in Photography and Videography (Probably because I grew up in a family of Photographers). Though I had been trying to get more and more into these two subjects because I usually like being able to capture the...

#media-production #photography #video #job-skills #videography #digital-photography #video-production #photojournalism

Astrud B.’s Avatar
Astrud B. Sep 01, 2017 806 views

Is it better to get good grades or to make connections?

Hi, there! I'm curious as to how to succeed in school, and I'd love to know what my priorities should be. A lot of people have told me that connections are the best resource we get from college, and that it's what most helps with our aspirations. I'm hoping to become a photojournalist,...

#writer #networking #broadcast-media #online-media #broadcast-television #writing-and-editing #online-journalism #journalism #photojournalism

Elisabeth G.’s Avatar
Elisabeth G. Sep 01, 2017 747 views

What steps do I need to take to become a Missionary Photographer?

I plan to go to school to study Biblical Studies at Grace College in Indiana, and I wanted to know what is the best way to get into Missionary work. I want to start a blog about my missions and post my photography. Photography is a side job and would love to share other people's stories on my...

#missions #biblical-history #blogging #photojournalism #christian #photography #missionary #love-for-job #journalism #christian-college #missionwork #online-journalism #blogger #photographer

Gibson  S.’s Avatar
Gibson S. Oct 11, 2016 777 views

What is the key to becoming a successful photographer?

I would like to work for National Geographic or any kind of photojournalism company, but I'm unsure of how to get into such a business or where to start. How much experience do I need to work for a company such as National Geographic? #photography #digital-photography...

#photojournalism

Isaiah V.’s Avatar
Isaiah V. Apr 28, 2016 2616 views

I'm interested in photography and photojournalism. Which one should I major in or minor?

I'm thinking about a career in photojournalism. I want to be a photojournalist. I'm just wondering, what should I major in in order to become a photojournalist? What is it like to be a photojournalist? #journalism #photography...

#photojournalism