How can I volunteer with writing?

120

Hey guys,

So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write?

#volunteering #professional-writing #writing #editing #nonprofits #nonprofit-marketing

Hello Darleen, Great question! Non profits are always looking for individuals to submit articles to local news outlets, someone to write press releases, copy for websites, creating descriptions for fundraising events & initiatives, etc. The needs for writing skills are plentiful. I would suggest contacting the organization you’re interested in volunteering with and either looking at there website to see what needs they are seeking or sign up as a volunteer. Once they contact you, you’ll be able to share your interests. It’s a great way to meet people in your community! Lory Lory Fraraccio-Kenney Translate
120

Lisa’s Answer

0

I think it's great you want to use your writing skills as a volunteer. Librarians and youth outreach programs are very helpful and often have writing programs for children and young adults.

Lisa recommends the following next steps:

• Reach out to your local Boys & Girls Club, YWCA, YMCA or Library to see if they have any tutoring programs where you could volunteer as a writing tutor.
0

LeAndra’s Answer

0
Greetings Daleen,
That is an excellent question, and I am happy to connect with someone who has a passion for writing as I do! I beleive a good way to have the best of both worlds is to offer to do a volunteer blog post for for a blogger whom you admire. It's an excellent opportunity for exposure, and to master your craft. You can also consider volunteer work and a writing tutor for high school or adult learners.
0

Kate A.’s Answer

0

Hi! I'm so glad whenever I read about people who are interested in volunteering! It's something I've been doing for a long time and I also organize people to volunteer as a career now! www.volunteermatch.org is a great resource to begin your search! You can look for local organizations and search by interest as well. Good luck!

Kate A. recommends the following next steps:

• visit www.volunteermatch.org to begin your search!
0