Career Questions tagged Philanthropy

Isabella B.’s Avatar
Isabella B. Mar 31, 2020 407 views

Do you need to get a philanthropic-focused MBA to get a CSR job?

I am very interested in pursuing CSR, non-profit work, social entrepreneurship, etc. as a career after college. My university offers a 5-year Bachelors + MBA program which would mean less time and money but they only offer focuses in the big business areas (EX: marketing, management, finance,...

philanthropy mba csr nonprofit business

Chelsea S.’s Avatar
Chelsea S. Mar 20, 2018 430 views

How can I make an impact on the world?

I have always wanted to make an impact in the world. I lived for it as a child (16 years and going in the Girl Scouts, NHS Scholar, etc), but doing it with established organizations is different than doing it on your own. nonprofits social-change career...

philanthropy

Forrest B.’s Avatar
Forrest B. May 22, 2016 780 views

why do many highschools, and now some colleges, stress standardized testing?

I come from the deep south and in the school environment i've seen there is more stress put on passing a test than retaining information. I have even received cheat sheets, along with the rest of the class, from teachers for tests. now in college I see that almost nothing was retained and have...

philosophy philanthropy sociology psychology politics art educator education