2

I may want a Ph.D. studying human trafficking or women and terrorism, what careers should I be looking for?

I have a Bachelor's in Sociology, Minor in International Relations, and now a Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security. I would like to know where I should be looking for employment to prepare me for my possible future studies. #criminal-justice #social-networking #homeland-security

2

0

Heather’s Answer

Hello

I can't say what Ph.D you should go for. For that, I would work for a while and bounce ideas off of co-workers. Now, where can you find employment to help you prepare? This is a site that has information on jobs that are involved in helping with that. This site offers organizations all over the world. Definitely worth check into. I hope it helps!

http://idealistcareers.org/human-trafficking-awareness-day/

Thank you comment icon Thank you Heather! Melissa
0
0

Olivia’s Answer

Amazing career goals -- the world needs your heart and mind! I have a couple of thoughts:

Look at the profiles of people in careers/positions that you admire and would like to follow. What are their varying backgrounds?
I imagine that public and international policy, criminal justice, psychology, social work, law are some of the professions that would be highly relevant.

I would also look to volunteer, work with, or request informational interviews with organizations that combat human trafficking (Thorn, Polaris, etc.).

Olivia recommends the following next steps:

Research profiles of people you admire in this field to see their varying backgrounds
Volunteer with, work with or request informational interviews with anti-trafficking organizations (Polaris; THORN; Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) for example)
0