What do find most enjoyable as a Public Relations Specialist?

2
2

Quyen’s Answer

0

Working in PR has been enjoyable because you partner with many different outlets. For example, when I worked in sports PR, I worked closely with the media. My partners were those in radio, broadcast, television, etc. and making sure that they had the information they needed in order to report correctly. Being in this role made me feel close to the business and the news. Every day serves a different purpose so it's not monotonous. Hope this helps!

Quyen recommends the following next steps:

• Reach out to people currently in a PR role.
0

Kimberly’s Answer

0
You are choosing a career that has success built on not just the mechanics of knowing the trade but also on relationships, hone this part of your skill set and never underestimate the power of being likeable and trustworthy. People choose to work with people they like, especially when it comes to areas that require more social interaction. Toastmasters is a great organization if you are more introverted to learn how to communicate and express yourself -- but it is also fantastic for extroverts to focus their delivery and appeal to everyone. Think about the doctors and nurses, coaches, teachers etc that are more kind, listen, engage, make you feel comfortable and heard. Those are the people you want to see again and trust. This will be key to your success anywhere but also very much in your chosen field. And have a back up because this area is very crowded with applicants. Good Luck!
0