Career Questions tagged Self Improvement

Zander W.’s Avatar
Zander W. Apr 18, 2018 245 views

What study tips can help an easily distracted mind manage college expectations?

Like many, this is my first time away from home for an extended time. I am nervous about managing my personal focus and organization skills without support. I look forward to the social aspect of going to college, but worry about managing my studies in a timely manner. I know of support...

#study-skills #study-habits #time-management #organization-management #study-tips #stress-management #self-improvement

Alicia F.’s Avatar
Alicia F. Jan 20, 2018 298 views

Does anyone know a better way to study a foreign language by yourself?

i am trying to learn enough Japanese to be able to take the AP exam for it and I'm not sure if there's a good way for me to learn it. I've watched several videos about kanji and know the basics for grammar, but is there a more efficient way? #foreign-languages #japanese #online-learning...

#self-improvement

Heidi K.’s Avatar
Heidi K. Jan 15, 2018 175 views

Is CalTech a reasonable goal for me?

I have a 4.0 GPA and got a 1220 on the PSAT. I’m working on my score to improve the result on my SAT, but I believe mostly it’s because I haven’t taken Algebra II yet. I am taking extra classes during the summer. Am I aiming too high? #california #goals...

#self-improvement

Cedrick D.’s Avatar
Cedrick D. Aug 30, 2017 416 views

Where do you learn from the most, outside of the classroom?

When you're unable to attend school for any reason (financial, etc) how do you continue to study and learn more about yourself and the world? #reallife #e-learning #learning...

#self-improvement

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 14, 2016 439 views

How can someone improve their studying skills for all classes?

I want to improve my studying skills for this year and I wanted to know how you would go about studying for different tests and quizzes that could be given to me on the same day. I want to do my best this year so I just want some new methods that I could try to improve my studying in my...

#personal-development #studying-tips #advice #self-improvement

Amanda V.’s Avatar
Amanda V. Jul 19, 2016 764 views

How do you deal with comparing yourself with your fellow classmates?

I feel as though I've begun doing this ever since I've started college. I always hear that my fellow classmates are coming to school and working a part time job, and for some, they may even have a family to provide for. It makes me wonder how they manage all of that but then it makes me think,...

#self-improvement #self-esteem #college