What study tips can help an easily distracted mind manage college expectations?

1

Like many, this is my first time away from home for an extended time. I am nervous about managing my personal focus and organization skills without support. I look forward to the social aspect of going to college, but worry about managing my studies in a timely manner. I know of support services that my college will provide, but we students still have to be in charge of our time management. Do you have suggestions on managing our daily study habits? Thank you!

#study-habits #study-tips #study-skills #time-management #organization-management #stress-management #self-improvement

1

Rebecca’s Answer

0

I would encourage you to manage your schedule by setting time aside. You need to look at priorities and learn to look at what is due first, which subject requires more of your time and focus, etc. I get easily distracted as well and I find that taking a 5 minute break every half hour really helps. Do some jumping jacks or walk around a bit. It's important to be flexible as things come up but try to stick to study time set aside as closely as possible.

Rebecca recommends the following next steps:

• Look for a good app planner or use google calendar on your phone. Set blocks of study time PER subject aside.
Thank you! It will be interesting, learning to manage organizational skills by myself. Zander W.
0