Where do you learn from the most, outside of the classroom?

3

When you're unable to attend school for any reason (financial, etc) how do you continue to study and learn more about yourself and the world? #reallife #e-learning #learning #self-improvement

3

Kimberly’s Answer

1
A great place to continue to learn academic topics is www.khanacademy.com. You could also look into open courses such as coursera.com where different colleges load courses that you can proceed through for free for no credit at your convenience.
1

Faith’s Answer

0
Cedrick, what an insightful question! Thank you for asking. It’s a small world because I was born in Pawtucket. Informal learning is by far my favorite! I look for and go to meet ups on meetup.com For example I learn about new apps being built by local folks by going to an tech meetup that features 5 every month. I also go to customer experience meet ups. I love public lectures too! I’m on the notification list for several libraries because the authors, creative thinkers speeches help me to always learn something new. Also volunteering is a great way to learn. I’m
Also a fan of reaching out to folks and asking for an informational 10 min interview. Some will say no, rest assured though many will say yes.
0

Faith’s Answer

0
What an insightful question Cedrick! Small world I was born in Pawtucket! I’m a fan of informal learning. I learn from going to #meetups.com For example, I’ve gone to meet ups that feature people building new apps. I’ve also attended ones around education, #technology, and customer experience. #volunteering is also a great way to learn. I’m on the notifications for #public lectures at libraries too. Informational #interviews are a great source of learning from people and building your network for a lifetime. At 16 I’d ask folks for short 10 min information gathering as a part of career exploration. Some will say no, but many will say yes.
0

Zaara’s Answer

0
Hi Cedrik,

your public library will have lots of resources for online learning and might even have in person classes. I really enjoy using Lynda.com where you can learn web/graphic design thru online video classes. There are online classes for everything these days. Getting involved with your area of interest is a great way to learn too. You could volunteer or intern or get a paid position.

Have a great day, enjoy your creativity!

0