Career Questions tagged Skilled Trades

Micah’s Avatar
Micah Jul 22 109 views

Any advice on the things I’m interested in ?

I don't have a career goal yet, I'm looking for advice, I'm interested in public relations , fashion, modeling, sports, trade schools for painting and carpentry.

John’s Avatar
John Jul 06 182 views

If you had the ability to join any union you wanted with all the the knowledge needed what would you get into?

Demetrius’s Avatar
Demetrius Mar 16 153 views

to all the electricians out there, when do you typically start your workday and when do you end it?

How much do you work per week, and do you feel satisfied with how many days off and vacations you get? I'm going to start pursuing the Electrician trade soon, and I'd really like to get a grasp of what my work-life balance will be, during and after my apprenticeship. I have a couple of hobbies...

Sean’s Avatar
Sean Mar 27, 2018 568 views

I have been searching forskilled trade scholarships since October 2017. Very few exist despite workforce need in trades. Could anyone here share info about opportunities you've found?

Despite the critical shortage of skilled tradespeople in the American workforce, very few scholarships exist for students who want to attend vocational school or attend college for training in applied technologies. I know - I've been seeking scholarships since October 2017, for my Fall 2018...

Sean’s Avatar
Sean Mar 27, 2018 555 views

I made the decision to attend college and become a skilled welder. I can do this in two year. Should I go to work right after that, or continue to get my BBA in Technology Management before I enter the workforce?

#weldingcareer During the time I did my Eagle Scout Service Project, an accessible bird blind for the Trail of Hope, Lyons, NY, took some welding and blacksmith classes I took at the Rochester Arc/Flame Center, and Technology classes in High School, I learned about the emergency shortage of...

Veronica’s Avatar
Veronica Mar 23, 2018 526 views

What is the best trade school nationwide for welding?

I'm debating on future schooling next year, which school would be most cost efficient and still an outstanding education. #weld #manufacturing #skilled-trades #machine-learning

David’s Avatar
David Oct 15, 2017 568 views

How do I get an apprenticeship?

I'm taking a Welding Technician program at a polytechnic in my city when I pass I will be a second-year apprentice, but I'm still worried about getting work in an economic downturn; what can I do now to improve my success rate? (I live in Canada) #apprenticeships #welding #apprenticeship...