59
Updated 3008 views Translate

Is there anything you regret not doing in high school/college?

Why didn't you do it and is it something you would recommend others do? #college-advice #college #highschool #highschool-advice #JULY20

59

9

B’s Answer

Learning a foreign language and taking advantage of the opportunity to travel. Looking back, I wish I would have engaged in more things that were outside my comfort zone. This is a really good time to push yourself to try things that make you nervous :)
Thank you comment icon Will do! Thanks, Sabrina! Iqra
Thank you comment icon Agreed! I wish I would have studied abroad while in school. But, now, I make up for that by traveling to new places and foreign countries. Marina Baker (she/her)
9
5

Jennifer’s Answer

For myself, I may look back and think about the things I could have done but I would not regret. I am in a great place in my life right now and nothing I didn't do in High school affected my path to today.
Thank you comment icon I'm glad that's the case for you! Iqra
5
5

Dr. Delma’s Answer

I agree with everyone, on involvement. That was one area for me that I regret not partaking in both high school and college years. I highly suggest, joining clubs that are of interest to you even though you don't know anyone. Don't be shy, even if it means you have to start a club with a group of your friends or others with the same interest. Having said that, don't forget what your ultimate goal is, time management is the key.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! I'm actually thinking of starting a club at my school so hopefully, that'll work out! Iqra
5
4

Terhan’s Answer

I have two regrets from high school/college: 1. I didn't challenge myself academically, I was comfortable making an easy A or avoiding a subject that would challenge me like math. 2. I didn't leverage the access I had to so many educated people daily, educators have so much life knowledge and it is easy to take them for granted.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer! Iqra
4
4

Estelle’s Answer

I recommend taking advantage of any visiting lecturers to your university as well as the culture of the city where you live.
Thank you comment icon Thanks Estelle! Iqra
4
3

Ivory’s Answer

I regret not being involved with different after school activities. I would recommend cheerleading, basketball, debate teams are all great things to get involved with. It'll keep you busy and active!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for your answer! I'm not very athletic but I do enjoy debate! Iqra
3
3

Valeria’s Answer

Hello :)
Looking back, I can’t say I regret much from high school and college! However, there are lots of things I’m soooo happy I did!!
For high school, being super involved allowed me to make the most of my high school experience! I was involved in lots of clubs & extra curricular activities. I also attended most pep rallies & dances & little events the school held. That made me feel connected to my class & truly enjoy high school!!
For college, I tried to keep the same mentality & get involved. It was definitely harder, and looking back, I probably would have liked to be more involved with my university. However, studying abroad was a 10/10 choice! I loved it!!! I recommend if you have the chance, to get out of your comfort zone & study in a county you’ve never visited. Also, take advantage of all the resources you have during your college years! Lots of people willing to help you & you should take advantage of that.

Good luck to you!! Remember that it’s easier to regret the things you didn’t do, as opposed to the things you did do (those become lessons!)
Thank you comment icon Thank you! I don't know if I'll be able to study abroad but if the opportunity arises, I'll make sure to take advantage of it! Iqra
3
3

Carlos’s Answer

Lqra,
This is a great question.

I wish I would of been more involved during my senior year in high school besides helping create Art Club which is still on going at my High School. I would of joined more clubs, been more involved with the Student body. When I got to college I wish I would of finished my second year and got my degree, but I dropped out 2 weeks prior to finishing.

Get involved in what clubs/activities you can in High School and stick with them! The more clubs & activities you are apart of will help you with any insecurities you may have being in a public setting. I do regret not being more involved because of my own insecurities but over time and working retail it helped me become more of myself when doing public speaking.

Good Luck !
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer Carlos! I'm going to do my best to try new things! Iqra
3
3

Jessica Sera’s Answer

Hi there!

I wouldn't necessarily say I regretted not doing anything in high school / college. That being said, there are definitely a few steps I could have taken to be more proactive about my professional development and goals. For example, one thing that is not explicitly taught in high school or college is emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Often times, I was so caught up with studying that I did not regularly check in with my thoughts and feelings. After graduating, I had so much more time to myself and had the opportunity to sit alone with my thoughts. This has helped me become aware of my feelings and being able to take steps to regulate my feelings in a more productive manner. Because we tend to be so busy with high school involvements or college clubs, mental energy is not often directed inward to explore your subconscious. Therefore, I would definitely recommend practicing checking in with yourself. The concept of metacognition - thinking about thinking was only something I really immersed myself with after I graduated from college. However, this tool is beneficial in all aspects of your life. It will help improve your mood, bring clarity to your goals, and strengthen your relationships with others.

This is a bit more of a spiritual answer to your question, but I hope it helps!

Jessica Sera recommends the following next steps:

Check in with yourself regularly
Become aware of how you are feeling and regulate your feelings healthily
Be honest with yourself when setting goals
Take time to sit alone with your thoughts and think about thinking
Journal and meditate daily
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer! I do try to journal every now and then but I find it really difficult to be consistent. I will try to improve upon that in the future though! Iqra
3
3

For myself, I did not regret for not doing in high school/college. Everything I did from high school to college graduated is all my choices, I join clubs, organizations, play sport and in sport team, and etc. Also handing different position in clubs, organizations, sport teams, fraternities/sororities, and etc. But have I seen people around me regrets for not doing in high school and colleges, that would be a yes. And I had tried to help them organize or plan out what pathway or guide they can do or change. I have friends who regrets for choosing the wrong major, wrong colleges, and/or not taking on position in clubs, organizations, and etc. High school and early college is the time you can have fun, build up yourself, learn from what you will be facing in the working world and etc., Now and days everyone can still go back to college to get another degree, final off a degree and etc. But while you are young with no family, and responsible load that is the time you can freely do whatever you want. Now you can't maybe because you have family, load of responsibility and more. I can see most people regret are not doing what they want themselves but follow what society want them to do and when look back is when they regret because that is the past as well while they are young, now is a bit older and it is not the same feeling anymore.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer, David! I'm glad that you're happy with the choices you made! Iqra
3
3

Yume’s Answer

Hi Lqra!
Personally, I have always wanted to do healthcare, but it took until junior year of college to fully realize what I wanted to do. Although, I do not regret taking a gap year to pursue being a physician assistant, I definitely could have made steps earlier in college that would have helped me! For example, I regret not participating in clubs that were relevant to me that would have helped me understand the profession more and obtain volunteering hours. I was very much absorbed in succeeding academically and in research that I almost completely neglected the extracurricular activities. However, in my gap year, there have been other ways to become knowledgeable about a desired profession without joining a club and I have been able to slowly obtain volunteering hours. I don't necessarily regret going full-speed with academics because GPA is not something that that I could have fixed as easily as not obtaining the hours. I hope this helps a little bit!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer, Yume! Iqra
3
2

Janea’s Answer

That's a very great question, Lqra. When I think back the time I spent in high school and college, it was some of the fantastic time of my life. What I like most about those times was that it is time to discover you. And what I mean by that is to be engaged in different activities, hang out with people who you usually wouldn't hang out with. It's okay to be weird and socially for the greater good. So to answer your question, I regret not discovering me to my full potential. I wished I got involved in things that made me uncomfortable to be comfortable with. I wished I've networked with people starting in high school that leads in college and after college also. Connection with people will be essential. I believe in today's world; it is about whom you know, not what you know. Don't let fear be the reason why you do not explore life at that time in your life, as you will see with each every advice you will receive. Take something from all of us. As you can see, we lived a life already—best wishes to you.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for your answer! I'd encourage you to still take advantage of the time you have and try new things and will keep your advice in mind! (: Iqra
2
2

Cynthia’s Answer

I regret not being more involved in one really meaningful (to me) club in college. I also regret not doing internships in college. It was not a popular option back in my day (we are talking several decades ago) but I wish I'd had some volunteering or club or organizational experiences to balance out my studies. I think this is all much more common now.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer, Cynthia! I've made sure to do some volunteering at my local hospital and really enjoy it! As for internships, I'll keep those in mind once I get to college. Iqra
Thank you comment icon sometimes while you do volunteering you can also use your contacts in that setting to ask about other careers, options, types of businesses/organizations...and just find some good general advice givers.....and remember to keep contact with those folks...that junior year nonprofit staff person who you worked so well with might be the reference that helps you get a job when you are a sophomore in college (I used to check references for university student job applicants...and there was a big divide between those references from HS days who said...who? I don't recall him? vs those who said, oh yeah, he was great, we've stayed in touch via email and he visits occassionally, i've watched him grow and mature, he's doing x and y, and would be great for your job). Cynthia Goldberg
Thank you comment icon I'll make sure to do that! Iqra
2
2

Dexter’s Answer

Hi Lqra,

What a fantastic question! For me, I wish for two things:

One, I wish I would have learned how to study in high-school, which meant I wish I would have academically challenged myself more through challenging college classes or self-development in programming. High school was so easy for me, where I never really studied anything. I just breezed through my homework and tests and never learned to really hunker down and study. When I went to college, the difficulty in the school subjects hit a critical point where I couldn't just count on my smarts anymore. This led to me flunking my classes and being academically dismissed. It took a lot of work to get back into college and graduate on time, and given that I had to work part time to support myself, I didn't have time for much else.

Two, if I had more time in college, I wish I would have done internships. This would have allowed me to discover earlier on that analog design is not something that I enjoyed, and would have helped me pivot to a computer science degree, which would have been more helpful. Having been on the hiring side for many years, I can't tell you how much advantage a candidate has with internship experience. Because they have worked in a corporate setting before, the candidates who have had internships just come across more mature than those without. It's also one of those things that stand out on a resume, even if the internship was with a smaller firm.

Lastly, I rephrased your question a bit because I don't actually regret these things. I wish I would have done some things differently, but really, I am very happy with where I am and the unique journey I took.

I wish you the best of luck, and remember that if you're happy with yourself, there is no wrong way to go about life.

--
Dexter
Thank you comment icon Hi Dexter, thanks for the answer! I seriously relate to the studying thing! High school has been for the most part, pretty easy. I'm worried that adjusting to college might be difficult. I'll keep that in mind about internships! Also, I'm glad that you're happy with where you are in life! Iqra
2
2

Gina’s Answer

Hello-- I really don't regret anything because I feel college formed who I am today. I'm n only child so in high school I stuck to what I knew and was a bit more introverted. When I got to college it allowed me for a fresh start. I went on a tennis scholarship so i learned so much from my teammates. And I was involved in many activities within my major and outside of class. It gave me the opportunity to find myslef and what I liked to do and met so many interesting and cool people along the way.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for answering! Iqra
2
1

Will’s Answer

I regret not studying abroad in college. I would do it if you can figure out how to make it work financially. It's a really cool experience to go to a different part of the world and learn new things there.
Thank you comment icon Thanks, hopefully, you'll get to do some work overseas if you'd like! Iqra
1
1

Angela (Angie)’s Answer

I do not regret anything I did in high school or college -- most of my regrets focus on the things I didn't do for one reason or another. So, my advice to everyone in high school and college is to:
1.) Use this time to figure out what you think you want to do -- really, what YOU want to do with your life. If you think going to school every day for 12-18 years is bad, think about picking a career that you don't like and doing that for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!
2.) I wanted to be a teacher -- I REGRET not really thinking about the lifestyle I wanted to have and realizing sooner rather than later that I wasn't going to achieve that life on a teachers salary. I had to choose a new career path in my late 20's after I'd paid for college 2x due to this late realization. So, consider both your passion and the funding you need to have a happy existence (don't think rich, think comfortable), as well
3.) Travel -- I grew up very poor so travel wasn't something I had the opportunity to do too much of. I'd never taken a train, plane, subway, public bus (thanks to growing up in the country), and I REGRET turning down opportunities to travel to places because I needed to know how to do these things and wouldn't ask for help. Traveling and seeing your world from the perspective of someone in another city/state and especially country can be a game changer if you let it.
4.) Experiment -- Not with anything illegal, but wear that outlandish outfit, get a hip hairdo, hang with a group of people (again, not druggies or thugs) that you might not normally hang with (I was a jock-- in college I hung with the Theatre kids... eye opening experience), try Hummus, etc.. I REGRET not experimenting more!
5.) Be you! Being an adult comes with lots of requirements to conform to be accepted - not much different than high school, really, but not conforming can cost you jobs, promotions, etc.. I REGRET not being more in touch with who I really was during that time and just being OK with being that person for a while. I missed my first opportunity to get comfortable in my own skin that first time around.

Laugh, love, have fun. Good luck!
5.)
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer, I totally appreciate it! Iqra
1
1

Kelly’s Answer

I can't say that I had regrets for High School/College. I worked hard to have a balance between academics and extracurricular activities. If you think about your High School or College yearbook you have to decide do you want just a picture or do you want a picture with activities and/or honors. By participating in extracurricular it helped to learn my likes and dislikes and make long lasting friends. It helped to shape me into a well rounded person able to interact in varying circumstances.

In college I did change majors (Don't think you are stuck). I went in planning to be a Chemical Engineer but ended up changing my major to Computer Science/Mathematics with a concentration in Biomedical Research. I knew I wanted to be challenged in college and wanted to graduate with a useful degree (a degree that I could get a job immediately). As I explored Chemical Engineering I realized that I didn't want to be single dimensional but wanted to have more options in a career when I graduated. This worked out long term as the major I landed on has kept my career relevant.

Although not a regret, I believe all things happen for a reason and for a purpose, I would recommend continuing your education. I stopped after my Bachelors degree and years later I have not moved to complete my Masters. Because I am in a technology area it hasn't limited me but life happens and I haven't completed my goal.

Thank you comment icon Thanks and I hope you can complete your Masters one day! Iqra
1
1

Meghan’s Answer

The biggest thing I regret not doing in high school was pushing myself out of my comfort zone and running for Executive Board positions in various clubs/organizations. Given that I went away for college, I had no choice but to work through and deal with my discomfort (as with everyone), which helped me grow and push myself more. Personally, I was fortunate enough to be able to succeed at putting myself out there in college, and seeing how this helped me gain so much more confidence I can totally see how if I had done this in high school, my transition from high school to college would have been a lot easier (I had a very rough time adjusting to the social aspect of college life). Reflecting on how much I grew in college, I can only imagine where I would stand if I had entered my university more confidently. My biggest piece of advice would be to always work on getting comfortable with feeling uncomfortable; the best way you can get better at it is by pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and do things that make you uncomfortable!
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Yuka’s Answer

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for asking this great question! There are so many insightful comments under this question, and I learned a lot from them.

If I had a second chance, one thing that I would change is to do more thorough research at the time of college enrollment. As I was making my decision, I overlooked several factors. For example, I did not spend much time reading the scholarship information, advanced placement policies, and core curriculum requirements.

Also, I was not fully aware of the implications associated with the Catholic faith that my university celebrates. As a result, I struggled to fit in during my freshman year, was unable to use half of my AP credits, and had a hard time in the school-required theology courses. Nevertheless, the four years of studying there were the most formative experience of my life, and I became a more open-minded and compassionate individual, who also probably has more knowledge in Catholic theology than my friends in my home country.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the insight! Iqra
1
1

Tandra’s Answer

I regret not being more adventurous. I was very cautious about everything; I only did things that were familiar to me. I regret not trying different foods, traveling to other countries, learning about different cultures, etc at a younger age. I would suggest exploring your city. I'm sure there are unique events and activities there such as cultural appreciation events, the ballet or opera, food tastings, etc. You never know what you like until you try it. There are so many incredible things in the world and I'm sure your city has a lot of new things you can easily explore. Whatever new thing you try, just make sure you are safe. Adventurous doesn't mean unsafe.
Thank you comment icon Thanks and I will try! Iqra
1
1

Desiree’s Answer

My regret in High School , was not taking Senior year seriously, and deciding not to go to collage . I did the bare minimum to just get my H.S. Diploma , and almost didn't even get to walk at Graduation. I thought I had a plan, I would go to trade school and be employed fairly young and on my own. My Suggestion for you is even if you do not think you are going to get something or be their perfect fit. Take every opportunity that is offered to you , even go find additional opportunities. They all provide you experience. Some is great experience , some not so good , and even a few will show you exactly what you do not wnat to be. But you have the power now. No mater your Popularity in school , No mater how rich or poor you think your parents are. YOU have the ability to achieve anything , you put hard work and determination into.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the inspiring answer Desiree! Iqra
1
1

Kei’s Answer

Hi Lqra.

For me, if there is something I regret not doing in college, that would be when I did not pursue becoming a doctor. I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Psychology and I've always wanted to be a doctor. After I graduated, I immediately applied for a job and just set aside my dream to become a medical practitioner. That would be forever my "what if" To be honest, until now I am still thinking what my life would have been if I pursued medicine.

Looking back at my highschool and college years, I chose the right friends who influenced me to be better every single day and accepted me for who I really am. I joined clubs and organizations that I was mostly interested in. I kept a good balance of keeping good grades and having clean fun. Enjoy life right now. Find the right people who can give you guidance. For me, as long as you love what you do, that will keep you motivated and happy :)
Thank you comment icon Thanks! I'm sorry that you didn't get to become a doctor but I hope you're happy with where you are! Iqra
1
1

Veronica’s Answer

Hello,

I definitely do regret not doing many things both in high school/college, but I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I wish I would have gone to a public school, instead of a charter. I would have joined clubs/organizations, sports, summer programs, internships. In college, I do regret not studying abroad, doing internships, working on campus. Doing these things would have helped me better prepare for the job sector. But, other than that, I have a wonderful college experience. It is definitely good to get out of your comfort zone and get involved as much as you can.

Good luck :)
1
1

Trent’s Answer

I regret not spending more time doing financial planning. Understanding the long term effects of compound interest on saving and investing at an early age can have a tremendous impact on your life as you age, no matter what income level you find yourself in. Start saving young, find good safe investments in bonds and even real estate and stick with it. Learn how to live on a portion of your income, not the full amount and become a saver. Spend more time doing what you love and what you are interested in vs. what others would want you to do.. keys to success and happiness..
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

JOHN’s Answer

I might have been more involved in extracurricular activities in both high school and college. I pretty much took "college prep" courses so I was not aware of all the post-secondary options open to me--technical education, the military, apprenticeships, community college. Advocate for yourself-see your school counselor, talk to teacher--identify a flexible career area and explore it--take relevant courses and get involved outside the classroom. Same in college if you go that route. After college, my roommate and I took a road trip across the country primarily staying in national parks. If I had done something like that in high school or college, I might have become a park ranger--work based learning experiences while in school are fantastic for helping you sort out your interests and abilities.

JOHN recommends the following next steps:

If you have not done so, take a career assessment
review your plans with your school counselor and parents. Are they truly your plans or are you feeling pressure to please friends/teachers/parents?
Find activities beyond the classroom to explore your interests.
Know that it is OK to change your mind!
Be open and flexible take advantage of opportunities that might just come your way!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the advice, John! Iqra
1
1

Cheang’s Answer

Hi,

If I would go back in time and give myself one piece of advices as secondary school. I would told myself don't feel shy and confused, please do not care about the people around you, no one cares what your friends saying , just express your feeling and thought, don't let her go. She muster her courage and express her feeling to me but I do not give any respond to her even I love her, and all because of my friends . I care with my friends's saying rather than the girl, I feels extremely regret until now and this feeling never stop. If times flies back and I have one more chance , I would say " Me too ".

However , life do not have second chance, so cherish very moment because time can not flies back and don't make yourself regret.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Take as many AP or IB courses in high school. Getting college credit in high school can save you time and money.
Thank you comment icon Thanks! I'm taking AP and college credit classes! Iqra
1
1

Michele’s Answer

In high school I focused mostly on extra-curricular activities that supported academics. I didn't venture out into sports or band or chorus or things that might have made me a more 'well rounded' person. In college, there were so many things that were unfamiliar to me as a result that I didn't really take advantage of being exposed to them. In hindsight, I would have been better served to have a taste of multiple experiences to shape me as a more well rounded student and young adult.
Thank you comment icon THanks for the answer! Iqra
1
1

Sandra’s Answer

I would have been more involved in school activities clubs and activities. For example, I wanted very much to be part of the school newspaper and the yearbook club. I let my own insecurity hold me back. I know now all of us have insecurities. So be brave and get in your own way!
Thank you comment icon Thanks, will do! Iqra
1
1

Alycia’s Answer

I wish I looked into studying abroad sooner! I was planning on going to New Zealand this Fall semester, but with the travel ban I can kiss those dreams good bye. At least there's always mission trips I could go on during my gap year!
Thank you comment icon Thank you, that's a common answer! I hope you get to go soon though. Iqra
1
1

Judith’s Answer

That is a great question, Iqra. The high school years vary for each person. I wish that I had gotten over my shyness sooner. Looking back at the opportunities that existed, I regret not making that jump socially to be an exchange student, to try out for the school play, or write an article for the school paper. Value those years and surround yourself with good friends that encourage and support you in your ventures.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Sindhuja’s Answer

I regret not getting involved in enough extra curricular activities at my grad school. I was too focused on the coursework. Even though I graduated with a perfect 4.0, I felt I could have gained more exposure and more friends by participating in other activities. One should learn how to strike a perfect balance between these too. High-school/College is the best time to explore new things and find out what one's true calling is.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer and good job on the 4.0! Iqra
1
1

Monte W.’s Answer

Regret is a waste of time, simply put. Seize the opportunities that come your way as those opportunities will prepare you for your future. If you feel that opportunities elude you, then make your own opportunities. You only experience high school and post-secondary education one time, so make that time exciting and enjoyable.

The experiences you will have and the individuals you will meet along the way, become the lasting memories and life long friends you will take with you for the rest of your life. Regardless of whether you are outgoing or introverted, there are groups, clubs, organizations and opportunities for you to make the most of your time in high school and throughout your post-secondary education.

Carpe potestatem!
Thank you comment icon Thanks dude, will do! Iqra
1
1

Krishna’s Answer

I really wish I got more involved in sports. My parents never pushed me to play sports when I was younger, so I never saw the appeal of it as I got older. However, looking back at it now, joining a sports team is a great way to stay in shape but also a great way to meet new people! I was always a bit jealous of the high school sports cliques. Spending a lot of time together in a team sport teaches you how to work well with others and make some friends out of it too.
1
1

Sindhuja’s Answer

Thank you comment icon Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Iqra
1
1

Syed’s Answer

Hi Lqra,

One thing I wish I did in high school was try to join the Speech & Debate team. Through that experience, I could have had an earlier exposure to the public speaking, logical analysis and persuasive argument skills that are necessary for a successful business career. I’ve achieved that growth through less structured means since leaving high school, but speech & debate would have provided a lower stakes platform to learn. My high school had an elite team!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer! My sister encouraged me to join the team and I really like it! Iqra
1
1

Kara’s Answer

The biggest regret that I have about my time in high school/college is my attitude. I thought I needed to show everyone that "I got this" or that I understood how the world worked... and I missed out on the opportunity to truly be a STUDENT. That said, I do not regret having learned this lesson, now, because it makes me much more focused on taking an attitude of curiosity/open-mindedness, as opposed to needing to have all the answers.

Enjoy the ride!
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Erik’s Answer

I felt that my transition from High School to college could have gone much smoother. The workload increases tremendously. If I had developed a more detailed gameplan with my guidance counselor, college life at least for the first month would have been less hectic.
Thank you comment icon I'll keep this in mind once I head off to college! Iqra
1
1

Ally’s Answer

Hi Iqra,

I think for me one of the biggest regrets was involvement. I wished I put more time and effort into joining extracurriculars and really enjoying the benefits that they could give me. This applies for both high school and college for me.
1
1

Michele’s Answer

1
1

Jamie’s Answer

participate in youth sports and school activities. Find a passion like Art Club, Year Book or any sport you may be interested it. Get involved.
Thank you comment icon Thanks and will do! Iqra
1
1

Priscilla’s Answer

Similar to other respondents, I don't necessarily have regrets, however, I do think I could have taken advantage of the opportunities offered at the institutions I attended. Both college and high school offer several opportunities to get involved in a variety of clubs, teams and social groups and that's something I would've like to participate more in. Having the opportunity to collaborate with others and get involved within your institution provides experiences and skills you can utilize in your life after school.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Enrico’s Answer

I would take more AP classes in high school if I could go back. Honors classes are great because you still get to learn at an advanced level but AP courses allow you to get college credit. I know some people who were able to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years all because they took advantage of the AP courses that their high school offered.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1

Kate’s Answer

I did pretty well in high school. I took advantage of AP classes. Those are credits you don't have to pay for in college! In college, I wish I would have explored more classes outside of my major. I did attend as many on campus activities, performances, shows that I could. I was a graphic design major and seeing what the dancers in the dance school were doing or the musicians really was enriching.
Thank you comment icon Thank you! Iqra
1
1