What can I do at 16 to involve myself in real estate?
I'm 15 turning 16 this summer and will be a Junior in the upcoming school year. I'm interested in real estate and want to know if there is anything I can do this summer to further my knowledge in the field. Also if there is any job that I can do for a real estate agent at 16 this summer?
#opportunities #summer #realestate #business
You have great initiative-good luck!
Jeannine recommends the following next steps:
I'm with Jeannine! I think that any time you are willing to jump in and do some hands-on work for someone who needs help and from someone who is humble and willing to learn you are going to be a major asset to their business. Try finding someone who needs help staging their properties, cleaning/ maintenance and if they need to have any type of documents delivered, maybe these are things that you can do to assist them. You also find out if they have specific COVID-19 cleaning that needs to be done, or digital photos that need to be taken of a property that they can use to showcase that property on a website like Zillow or Realtor.com.
You can also start finding out from the agent what are the first five things they need to find out from a potential client wanting to either buy or sell a home in a specific area and start asking them how they get the answers to those questions. Things such as:
1. What is their budget? Ask the Realtor how they find out what the buyer's budget is vs. what they believe their budget is
2. What area do they want to live in?
3. When do they need to move?
4. What size/ type of home do they want to live in?
5. Do they have a mortgage lender? Are they paying in cash?
1. How much are they selling for?
2. When do they need their home sold?
3. Do they need to move to a specific location?
4. Why are they selling?
I'm sure you'll do great!