Career Questions tagged Teaching English As A Second Language Tefl

Ciera’s Avatar
Ciera Jan 17, 2018 569 views

How can I prepare to teach English as a second language?

I am interested in going to Japan as an English teacher. Currently, I am planning to attend a university in Virginia to earn a BA in English. I am also studying Japanese on my own. Since I'm new to this whole idea of teaching English as a second language, I was wondering if there is anything...

Tamyko’s Avatar
Tamyko Jan 16, 2018 644 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl #foreign-languages

Morgan’s Avatar
Morgan Oct 10, 2017 675 views

How can you be an advocate for ELLs?

I am a recent Michigan State University Elementary Education graduate with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages). I might have a future in the field of ELL/ESL teaching. #ELL #esl #esl-teaching #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #teaching...

Marissa’s Avatar
Marissa Sep 02, 2017 660 views

What is the best college major to become an English teacher in Korea?

I am a huge Kpop fan and love the language and culture. I want to become a teacher, so I thought about combining my career goals with my love of the music. #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #college-major #english #teaching