Career Questions tagged English As A Second Language

Osmar G.’s Avatar
Osmar G. Mar 13, 2018 195 views

What to do if I cannot imagine myself in the type of career I am planning on going into?

I have always been excited about being involved in the business world, but I cannot see myself working in a office or anything that has to do with that. I think it is a mental barrier because I am a first generation college student and many kids in my community just start working after high...

#business #first-generation-college-students #latino #english-as-a-second-language

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Mar 05, 2018 184 views

Best ways to study abroad?

I am interested in as many study abroad opportunities as I can get involved in, as I am seeking a degree in English education and wish to be an English as a foreign language teacher abroad, and would like to gain more learning experience living abroad. However, it is very expensive to do so and...

#language-teaching #study-abroad #education #english-as-a-second-language

Morgan P.’s Avatar
Morgan P. Oct 10, 2017 334 views

How can you be an advocate for ELLs?

I am a recent Michigan State University Elementary Education graduate with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages). I might have a future in the field of ELL/ESL teaching. #ell #esl #esl-teaching #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #teaching...

#language-teaching #foreign-languages #english-as-a-second-language