Career Questions tagged First Generation College Students

Maryuri’s Avatar
Maryuri Apr 27 106 views

Can I get a job related to the career I'm interested in? Could that help me with my classes and help me learn faster?

I'm about to graduate from high school and I need a job, but I don't know if I can get a job related to what I'm going to study in college while I'm in college. For example, I want to be a dentist and I want to get a job as dentist assistance. Does it help me get more advantage in college?

jose’s Avatar
jose May 15, 2018 610 views

Is it true that college is mostly study based?

People always comment about how high school and college are very different compared to each other. I was wondering how is it different than high school?
#collegebound #first-generation-college-students

Osmar’s Avatar
Osmar Mar 13, 2018 627 views

What to do if I cannot imagine myself in the type of career I am planning on going into?

I have always been excited about being involved in the business world, but I cannot see myself working in a office or anything that has to do with that. I think it is a mental barrier because I am a first generation college student and many kids in my community just start working after high...

Miranda’s Avatar
Miranda Jan 17, 2018 693 views

As a future first-generation college student, what advice could be given to me for my daily life in college?

#first-generation-college-students

Amanda’s Avatar
Amanda Jan 17, 2018 542 views

First-generation scholarships?

I’m a first generation college student seeking scholarships. It seems there’s been a decline in scholarships awarded for that purpose and was wondering if anybody knows a really good website for them. Thanks! #first-generation-college-students #first-generation-college-students- #college...

Sean’s Avatar
Sean Jan 16, 2018 682 views

Making money while attending college

I'm starting college soon so I wanted to know what are some ways to generate some money while attending(besides the obvious part time job). I don't want to miss any opportunities by not asking and hope to widen my perspective on what can be done. Thank you #college #college-job...

Angelica’s Avatar
Angelica Sep 01, 2017 507 views

Will my ethnicity be a factor when applying to scholarships that are not African-American / Black Exclusive

My sophmore year teach showed us a video that essentially said that more white students are chosen for scholarships and it showed a person that helps with the scholarship process and said that this is true and if that only applies to a predominantly white should oppose to a school that is...

Briana’s Avatar
Briana Aug 08, 2017 2289 views

Is it time for me to get a part time job?

My name is Briana and I'll be starting my second year at my community college this upcoming fall semester. I'll be taking thirteen units and my parents have been recently pushing me to apply for a job with nods to "we're hiring" signs. I understand with my age I should be working, but I'm not...