Career Questions tagged First Generation

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 94 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 27 130 views

What elements makes a great pitch?

How do get people to buy my story? I've been developing an idea to expand my business. But since I'm a beginner, I fairly know about pitches and would want more advice on how to develop a strong pitch.

A’s Avatar
A May 15 163 views

Which sectors/companies in the business field ask for grades, which don't?

Im new to the village and I have been reading posts about companies like the Big 4 Firms. There is responses that when hiring, they value class grades specifically in accounting. I was wondering how much importance goes to grades, and if there is any changes in different companies or sectors....

Merenda’s Avatar
Merenda Jan 20, 2018 975 views

With Being a First Generation College Student, Who Can You Talk to for More Information?

My family has never went to or completed college. This means that it is impossible to get help from them. What can I do to get help? #first-generation #help #college

Briana’s Avatar
Briana Dec 24, 2016 870 views

Am I making the right choice with my major?

My name is Briana and I am a college freshman. I have recently finished my first semester and am confused. I had previously asked about possible major options, and had thought I was sure, but there's all types of doubts that come up with each choice. I had talked with one of the career advisors...

Briana’s Avatar
Briana Jun 24, 2016 906 views

What do I do if I suspect that one of my parents is unsupportive of me going to college?

As a current high school graduate, I'm looking forward to starting off at my community college this fall. I finished registration and got my financial aid straightened out, and FAFSA looks like It could really help me. During my spare time< I scroll online for any scholarships that could...

Shakuan’s Avatar
Shakuan Jun 04, 2016 1152 views

How does one become an expert in their field of work? (Maybe provide specific tips!)

As college students, we recognize that we must be distinguishable in our field, but many of us, especially those who are first-generation college students, are unsure of how to do so. Please expand on what individuals can do to become more experienced other than doing internships and working in...