Career Questions tagged Stanford

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 01, 2016

What is the first step I can take if I have decided that I will take my chances and apply to Stanford the following year?

I am a rising junior in my high school and I know that it is a really long shot that I could ever end up going there. However, I like to have a little faith that I can apply and hope that the college admissions office over there accepts me. I do not even know what to do now though. I take the...

#college-admissions #engineering #college #university-applications #stanford #college-selection

Antonio R.’s Avatar
Antonio R. Jan 16, 2018

How difficult would it be for someone like me to get into a really competitive school?

I have recently been looking into Stanford and it literally looks like the college of my dreams. Great looking campus, low student to faculty, small student body, etc etc. But my question applies because at my high school, I am class rank #1/530ish with a 4.0 unweighted GPA along with a decent...

#college-admissions #chemical-engineering #engineering #weightloss #food #admissions #stanford #transformation #competitive

Miguel R.’s Avatar
Miguel R. Mar 13, 2018

How can I look better for my dream college?

I have the basics such as good grades and extracurricular activities but what else can I do to look better for my dream college. #stanford #college...

#college-admissions

Cameron B.’s Avatar
Cameron B. Mar 13, 2018

What are some resources and avenues I could look towards for gaining financial support for college at Stanford?

I would like to attend Stanford on account of my being accepted but the parent contribution is becoming an issue and hindering my ability to commit. #stanford #college #college-advice...

#financial-aid

Cameron B.’s Avatar
Cameron B. Mar 13, 2018

What are some important things to prioritize on applications if given limited space to convey information about yourself?

I've completed my applications but am currently looking to answer this question in the event I need to fill out more college information in the future.#stanford #college...

#college-admissions

Jeniel Z.’s Avatar
Jeniel Z. Jan 20, 2018

How difficult is it to swim competitively in college with relatively low experience?

I am a junior, and this is my first year swimming competitively. I love it a lot, but I'm worried that my lateness to the sport will limit my options as far as carrying my swimming "career" into college. I'm decently fast for how long I've been competing--I currently swim a 1:08.13 for the 100...

#byuprovo #sports #swimming #college #stanford

Alex T.’s Avatar
Alex T. Jan 10, 2018

How can I break into the field of Chemistry?

As of now, I'm an 11th grader who is extremely interested in the field of Chemistry. I have extremely high, potentially unlikely college acceptance expectations -- UC Berkeley, Stanford, and MIT. I'm curious as to if Chemistry will still be a viable career path in our future society, and if...

#mit #chemistry #medicine #ucberkeley #stanford

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Dec 18, 2016

What are the best majors to chose at Stanford University?

Hi! I'm a sophmore in high school and I would like to know the pros and cons of Stanford University. For example, what is Stanford's top majors, is it a good university, and what is its admission process? Thanks! #college #college-major #university #college-admissions #college-majors...

#stanford