Ena W.

2441

71

How to improve my second language?

I think my english level have influenced my study. #language #esl

Practice, practice, practice!

Make friends with native English speakers in your area and ask that they speak to you only in English so that you are forced to use English.

Watch movies and TV shows in English so you are exposed to different accents.

Be open to correction by native speakers but remember that not every English speaker is the same and there is a lot of variation between dialects and even between speakers.

-Manuel

Last updated May 10 '17 at 15:52

Hello Ena,

There are plenty of resources available on the Internet to improve your Language skills! Here are some useful readings for you: - 22 tips for learning a foreign language - Learning a language – 10 things you need to know

Also, some of the things that worked well for me are: - Using Duolingo or Memrise (good mobile apps to practice a bit every day) - Listening to podcasts about the topics I am passionate about (photography, social media) - Reading books in the language I'm studying to improve my vocabulary

But to be honest, the best way to learn a language is to practice it with other people! It can be scary at the beginning but the more you speak the easier it gets and people usually enjoy speaking their language with foreigners ;)

Hope you'll find this useful.

Julien

Last updated Mar 18 '17 at 20:29

Schools Add a schools