Career Questions tagged Foreign Policy

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Mar 02, 2020 427 views

I want to know how to become a foreign service officer

I’m the first in my family to both graduate HS and will now be going to college. I always dreamed of travel and helping others so I decided on diplomacy. I want to join the foreign service and travel the world and work for the government #career . #professional #professional #career...

Rhoda’s Avatar
Rhoda Jun 30, 2018 454 views

What are a few programs that can prepare undergraduate students for the foreign service that do not require citizenship status?

Opportunities, Scholarships, or Programs that can prepare students for the U.S.Department of State/Foreign Services #foreign-policy #international-relations #international #global-affairs #college

Alisha’s Avatar
Alisha Jun 07, 2016 688 views

How does one start working for the U.N.?

I am interested in working for the U.N. to make the world a better place by working on issues like reducing pollution, stopping wars and eradicating poverty...how can I go about achieving all this ? #economics #united-nations #social-change #foreign-policy

Saisha’s Avatar
Saisha May 24, 2016 971 views

I am a rising college freshman in International Policy; however, I believe that every job requires some sort of technical skills, so I was curious whether it is wise to take a computer science minor or just take a few classes to gain those skills?

I am very concerned about future job opportunities. I am attending Georgetown university in the fall, and I want to maximize my skills for the future job market. #computer-science #government #job-market #international-affairs #technical #foreign-policy

Kalkidan’s Avatar
Kalkidan May 13, 2016 981 views

What job or status can a degree in Political Science secure?

I'm considering in majoring in Political Science, but I'm unsure of the career choices available with this degree. I'm plan to use this degree to obtain a job with the United Nations; specifically to work in the Middle East. However, I'm not entirely sure what job I can obtain and the...