I don't have any experience in your field; however, I have conducted research about your career path in political science and international relations. I came across interesting employee positions in utilizing your degree. As for international relations degree, you can look into becoming a Diplomat (maintaining good relations between countries); Intelligence Specialist (gathering state critical information); Political Analyst (explaining the political climate); Lobbyist (promoting ideas to those who can make them a reality); and Communications Specialist. To utilize the political science degree, you can be a Policy Analyst; Legislative Assistant; Public Relations Specialist; Social Media Manager; Political Consultant; Attorney; Intelligence Analyst; Political Campaign staff; and College Student Leadership & Activities Officer.
I hope this gives you an idea of the jobs that you can obtain in political science and international relations. For further information, you can research the following websites that I retrived the information from that is listed below:
Nija recommends the following next steps:
- Arrange to meet with professionals in your field.
- Think about doing an internship or volunteer in your field.
- Network with other college students in your field because you can receive good ideas and recommendations from others.
- Consider to meet with a Career Counselor to further explore career options in your field.
- Continue to do your research on different employment opportunities in your field.